Just got back from the store where my G5/dual is on order. Thursday they said a few more days. Stopped by again just now to arrange a swap on the copy of Suitcase I had bought when I placed the order, and now they say end of the month/early October again! <br><br>They offered to rent me something 'til my order comes in. No way. I have nearly $8 Grand in hardware and software sitting uselessly in a closet since August 22, so they can loan me something in the interim, but I'm not gonna spend another nickel on this. I know it's not the reseller's fault, but my office partner has already reimbursed me, and I've paid the damn Amex bill!<br><br>Where's my dog. I gotta kick somethin'. <br><br>
It's just frustrating, because not having a working computer in that office means I have to spend 4-5 hours a day in Manhattan in meetings and reviews, and then I have to come back to Brooklyn to get the work done, which means working well into the night. And farming the work out to another freelancer just slows the process down more and cuts into my budget. So I'm stuck btwn a rock and a hard place. Unless I can get a loaner from the dealer.<br><br>I'm sure once I have it, I'll soon forget the angst. But for now, it's just messing up my workflow big time. <br><br>
They do rentals. I just have to coerce to make it a n/c deal. Even if it's an old G3 or 4 with OS9. Just so I can get my work done. Gonna talk to the store owner Monday (he was my upstairs neighbor in Manhattan for 4 years, so he'll probably do me the favor — I hope).<br><br>
DOH! Don't ya hate when that happens?!!! But, given that this same thing happens every time they announce new hardware (the top end takes forever to actually ship), you would think Apple, and even their customers would know better. Apple shouldn't announce/take orders until they have around 15 or 20,000 of them sitting in their warehouse, and customers shouldn't bother ordering them until they can actually drive to a store and take one home that day... otherwise we have to play the waiting game.<br><br>The real pooper in your deal Steve is that if you don't get yours until late October, that only gives you 2 months of using it until MW in January, where Apple could possibly announce a speed bump already!<br><br>
_________________________ The Graphic Mac- Tips, reviews & more on all things OSX & graphic design.
I don't care a/b a speed bump. Cr@p, my 733 has done it for me, so just the jump to the dual 2 gigger will be a huge leap forward. It's all about the inconvenience. Even the store is red-faced over this. They said they wouldn't have put the charge through if they had known a/b the delays when I placed the order. <br><br>I can tell you this, though: Today they promised me late Sept/early Oct — so say 3 more weeks. If it runs any longer than that, I'll have to consider downgrading to a single. And I really don't wanna do that. <br><br>
Xplain's use of MacNews, AppleCentral and AppleExpo are not affiliated with Apple, Inc. MacTech is a registered trademark of Xplain Corporation. AppleCentral, MacNews, Xplain, "The journal of Apple technology", Apple Expo, Explain It, MacDev, MacDev-1, THINK Reference, NetProfessional, MacTech Central, MacTech Domains, MacForge, and the MacTutorMan are trademarks or service marks of Xplain Corp. Sprocket is a registered trademark of eSprocket Corp. Other trademarks and copyrights appearing in this printing or software remain the property of their respective holders.
All contents are Copyright 1984-2010 by Xplain Corporation. All rights reserved. Theme designed by Icreon.