Bruce, what the hell are you trying to say?<br><br>Madman drummers bummers, Indians in the summer with a teenage diplomat<br> In the dumps with the mumps as the adolescent pumps his way into his hat<br> With a boulder on my shoulder, feelin' kinda older, I tripped the merry-go-round<br> With this very unpleasin', sneezin' and wheezin, the calliope crashed to the ground<br> The calliope crashed to the ground<br> <br> But she was...<br> Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night<br> Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night<br> Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night<br> Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night<br> <br> Some silicone sister with a manager mister told me I go what it takes<br> She said "I'll turn you on sonny to something strong, play the song with the funky break"<br> And go-cart Mozart was checkin' out the weather chart to see if it was safe outside<br> And little Early-Pearly came by in his curly-wurly and asked me if I needed a ride<br> Asked me if I needed a ride<br> <br> But she was...<br> Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night<br> Blinded by the light<br> <br> She got down but she never got tired<br> She's gonna make it through the night<br> She's gonna make it through the night<br> <br> ------ guitar solo ------<br> <br> But mama, that's where the fun is<br> But mama, that's where the fun is<br> Mama always told me not to look into the eye's of the sun<br> But mama, that's where the fun is<br> <br> Some brimstone baritone anticyclone rolling stone preacher from the east<br> Says, "Dethrone the dictaphone, hit it in it's funny bone, that's where they expect it least"<br> And some new-mown chaperone was standin' in the corner, watching the young girls dance<br> And some fresh-sown moonstone was messin' with his frozen zone, reminding him of romance<br> The calliope crashed to the ground<br> <br> But she was...<br> Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night<br> Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night<br> <br><br>