Print Thread
Hop To
Goodbye? #648763 07/27/20 09:44 PM
MacBozo Offline OP
Nut Dood
OP Offline
Nut Dood
It's been a long, strange, ride.

As some of you may know, the last 4+ years have been absolutely nuts for me. I'm still working full time while approaching 70 this coming November, and that doesn't look like that will change any time soon. My granddaughter has been living with us since the spring of 2016 and we've been her primary support since. Her mom has been a raging alcoholic for most of that time - been arrested and jailed 3 times. Still on probation from the last time. She's also living here since she'd be homeless if she weren't. She's still drinking, but not as much the last few weeks. That could change at a moment's notice though. Oh! My granddaughter is a senior this year! My wife had 3 cervicals replaced in her neck in June. She's recovering from that while waiting to have her lower back done. Elective surgery has been suspended due to the spike in Covid-19 cases here in Florida. She hasn't been to work since March. Luckily, She has long term disability and good health insurance. The long term disability won't last forever, and neither will her job position be held for her at the hospital. I may never get to retire at this rate. Now you know why I haven't been here very much. I have been active on Facebook and Twitter. There is a group of us hanging out on FB.

Anyway, you can find me on FB, or you're more than welcome to email me at michaeladams2@icloud.com.

Is Bird still around?

Stay safe. Stay healthy. I miss you all.

[Linked Image from dl.dropbox.com]
Re: Goodbye? [Re: MacBozo] #648767 07/28/20 01:26 PM
Biggerfoot Offline
I invented modding!
I invented modding!
Sorry to hear about all of the challenges. Hopefully, retirement will be on the horizon.

Re: Goodbye? [Re: Biggerfoot] #648768 07/28/20 11:41 PM
MacBozo Offline OP
Nut Dood
OP Offline
Nut Dood
Thanks! Hopefully within the next year.

[Linked Image from dl.dropbox.com]
Re: Goodbye? [Re: MacBozo] #648769 07/29/20 12:01 PM
Reboot Offline
Muhahahaha
Muhahahaha
No oneĎs heard from Bird in a long time. I asked Celandine and she hasnít heard from her in ages either.

Re: Goodbye? [Re: MacBozo] #648773 50 minutes ago
bird Offline
I invented modding!
I invented modding!
Hello hello my dear sunshine friend grin
I'm sorry you and yours are having such sh/////ty times, I know that feeling we've been hitting a few pot holes
on this road of life too...if it ain't one damn thing its another crazy My daughter is living
in your neck of the woods St pete now. her dad ..and my faithful ex...we actually still care about each other lol has been battling bladder cancer
and is going thru chemo and radiation so she does the driving to and from 5 days a week, all masked up and doing the
sanitizing dance the whole way....glad I got to say good bye before this eviction from our long time little nook on the web
but it's been a true blessing to share my years here with such great folks......
I can remember when your granddaughter was born ,,,,seems like yesterday smile like I said good memories.kiddo good memories !!

and me well
Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did [ yeah I'm stretching the truth ..just a tad ]
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time smile

keep the faith kiddo, bird

Moderated by  Acumowchek, MacGizmo, Moderator, neil, Reboot