Print Thread
Hop To
“Coal Knew” #648515 11/23/19 11:17 PM
Celandine Online Content OP
Madame Flutterbye
OP Online Content
Madame Flutterbye

"COAL KNEW, TOO!"
“Exxon knew.” Thanks to the work of activists and journalists, those two words have rocked the politics of climate change in recent years, as investigations revealed the extent to which giants like Exxon Mobil and Shell were aware of the danger of rising greenhouse gas emissions even as they undermined the work of scientists.

But the coal industry knew, too — mad
- as early as 1966, a newly unearthed journal shows.

Quote:
What we do know is that coal, when burned, has by far the biggest climate footprint of any fossil fuel, producing more carbon dioxide per unit than oil or gas. In the U.S. alone, coal produced 65% of the power sector’s planet-warming emissions. The 1966 article in the Mining Congress Journal certainly raises questions about what the coal industry knew at the time.

"The Climate Change Countermovement" smirk
Quote:
...the coal industry must have known quite a bit, given how prominently it positioned itself in the climate denial movement.

____

Re: “Coal Knew” [Re: Celandine] #648517 11/24/19 12:30 AM
AusMac Offline
The tobacco industry was no different and I'm sure no industry wants it to be known that their production is hazardous.

“His throw went absolutely nowhere near where it was going.” ~ Richie Benaud.
Re: “Coal Knew” [Re: AusMac] #648519 11/24/19 12:46 AM
Madame Flutterbye
OP Online Content
Madame Flutterbye
Originally Posted By: AusMac
The tobacco industry was no different and I'm sure no industry wants it to be known that their production is hazardous.

ummm
makes you wonder how much
doodoo's gonna hit the fan
once the NRA is taken to task

________

____

Re: “Coal Knew” [Re: Celandine] #648520 11/24/19 03:33 AM
AusMac Offline

“His throw went absolutely nowhere near where it was going.” ~ Richie Benaud.
Re: “Coal Knew” [Re: AusMac] #648521 11/24/19 05:18 PM
Madame Flutterbye
OP Online Content
Madame Flutterbye

____

Re: “Coal Knew” [Re: Celandine] #648671 05/25/20 09:34 PM
J
John Rougeux Offline
Member # -1
Member # -1
J
Holy crap. You two blame the NRA/guns for killings?? No blame goes to the actual perpetrator. I get it. Radical left wants to take guns away from everyone else because they think that if that happens, then no more murders. Right.

3.16 Million Deaths per Year Due to High Blood Sugar, Harvard Study Shows But, hey, it's not so sensationalistic because it doesn't kill you quick.

More babies die through abortion than people die by gun shot. Where's your outrage in that?

Re: “Coal Knew” [Re: John Rougeux] #648676 05/26/20 10:53 PM
Madame Flutterbye
OP Online Content
Madame Flutterbye
Holy crap. You two blame the NRA/guns for killings?? No blame goes to the actual perpetrator.

Question: Do you ever even bother reading a post before blathering out a reply?

"Before a gun can be used to hunt, for protection, or in a mass school shooting like Thursday’s tragic killing at Umpqua Community College that left 10 dead, it must be bought. That one sale is a single dot in a multibillion-dollar industry, one that is coming under new scrutiny during the post-massacre gun control debate."
I get it. Radical left wants to take guns away from everyone else because they think that if that happens, then no more murders. Right.

"Radical LEFT"?
Yeah, "WE'RE" the ones amassing Military Grade Armament
trying to convince US (more likely YOUR Self) that you needed 100-Round-Drum-Clip to bring down Bambi! smirk

I'll venture to guess that more murders are committed by Having A Cap P0pped In Yer Azz than by strangulation
Care take that bet there Clem? whistle

3.16 Million Deaths per Year Due to High Blood Sugar, Harvard Study Shows But, hey, it's not so sensationalistic because it doesn't kill you quick.

Why are you trying to equivocate Disease with Murder ... as if Murder were a normal turn of events?
yeah, I know, car accidents, drowning, choking on a chicken wing, falling down the stairs......PLEASE!

More babies die through abortion than people die by gun shot. Where's your outrage in that?

Have you ever bothered to Question WHY women abort their own children?

Other than the life of the mother, or horrible disfigurement or lifelong disabling illness for the child..?

How about RAPE? or INCEST Specially in YORE Neck-O-The-Woods, or the age of the girl in question..?
I mean 12-13 is a bit young to be saddled with A LIFE-LONG COMMITMENT. (18 YEARS?!?)
..you know... A LIFE SENTENCE For Being A Stupid Teen-Ager is a bit steep, doancha' think>

Or how about you Bible Thumpin' Yahoos who claim that A WIFE MUST SUBMIT To Her Husband
in spite of already having more children than they can Successfully Feed, Clothe & EDUCATE..? **
btw, goes back to the excuse of having to hunt to feed your family: GET AN EDUCATION, A BETTER JOB
THEN GO DOWN To The WINN DIXIE And Buy Food just like us "RADICAL LEFTIES"! cool

...so, NOPE, No Outrage Here...quite frankly it's A Woman's Right To Choose, NOT The DyckHead
Handing Out Cigars, for that which would otherwise have ended up in a tissue on the floor. sick

Sorry, your false equivalences Just Don't Wash in The REAL World.

ah... and MY All Time Personal Favorite;
Thinking that It MAKES You Look Tough when in actuality, In MY Book, It MAKES YOU A COWARD.

Wanna fight? get down and dirty, don't do it from 1/4 mile away with a scope. smirk

____

Moderated by  Acumowchek, MacGizmo, Moderator, neil, Reboot