Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Anyone watching Westworld? #642096 10/31/16 04:04 AM
MrB Offline OP
I invented modding!
OP Offline
I invented modding!
A crazy series on hbo , Westworld is a series about a theme park where guests pay to take their "vacation" in a scripted extreme dude ranch/town set in the "old West" , the guests(newcomers" are greeted by androids (hosts) who can be shot and/or sexed indiscriminately . Lots of fun, I guess.

Seems the androids are becoming emotionalized by each other and even their creators are taking to the comely robots.

As I've watched a few episodes, it appears, the show is prime "jumping the shark" fodder even in the first season.

Dave

If we don't count our blessings
We are just wasting our time
Re: Anyone watching Westworld? [Re: MrB] #642098 10/31/16 11:39 AM
Reboot Online Content
Muhahahaha
Online Content
Muhahahaha
Playing off the theme of the original movie, the robots run amok. I've been through the first two episodes, not too bad so far. Don't get your jumping the shark, I mean I know what it means but so far I don't get it.

Re: Anyone watching Westworld? [Re: MrB] #642106 10/31/16 09:26 PM
Nana Offline
I mod in my sleep!
I mod in my sleep!
I don't know what you mean by the "jumping the shark" comment either.

I've been following Westworld & so far I like it. At the moment,
Click to reveal..
I think Dr Ford is either a "host" from the original movie or the supposedly dead Arnold.

Now who can forget the Westworld & Futureworld movies? Sexy walking Yul Brynner starring in both. *swooning*

Re: Anyone watching Westworld? [Re: Reboot] #642109 10/31/16 11:58 PM
MrB Offline OP
I invented modding!
OP Offline
I invented modding!
It appears to me that they are getting loose with the theme, bring all kinds of stuff into the story line. I've been, only able to identify a half dozen or so "new comers", real people. Don't know how they can afford to keep up a park with so few paying and a whole boat load of robots to keep repaired. Also the "story lines" are getting crossed up.

The two or three humans seem to treat the hosts as if they were human, except when the shoot them. The host, also seem to treat the other host as if they are real.

Funny last night, one of the two humans didn't want to do something (can't remember what) because the farm "girl wouldn't like it. That's about like me not doing something because my coffee cup would be offended.

Dave

Re: Anyone watching Westworld? [Re: Nana] #642110 11/01/16 12:00 AM
MrB Offline OP
I invented modding!
OP Offline
I invented modding!
I agree with your assessment on Dr. Ford. Been thinking that from the start

Dave

Re: Anyone watching Westworld? [Re: MrB] #642111 11/01/16 12:06 AM
MrB Offline OP
I invented modding!
OP Offline
I invented modding!
Then there is the technical part of it. I realize they have fake guns but some have different ones. Most hosts and newcomers seem to have single action revolvers, but Delores shoots without cocking the hammer. In fact, I think he guns fire without her even pulling the trigger.

In one episode one guy killed eleven guys without reloading his six shooter. Good feat.

And how large is this park that they travel for days and still on in the park.

Dave

Re: Anyone watching Westworld? [Re: Nana] #642113 11/01/16 12:53 AM
NucleusG4 Offline
Master•Blaster
Master•Blaster
Click to reveal..
The most popular theory about the hit HBO show claims that William (Jimmi Simpson) is a younger version of the Man in Black (Ed Harris). If that’s the case, we’re watching two timelines at once. In one timeline, William (aka the future Man in Black) is a young man experiencing Westworld for the first time. In the other, William is now the Man in Black, trying to discover the true meaning of the park.

Throughout the season, the show has added evidence to the theory while simultaneously taking it away, and Sunday’s episode, “Contrapasso,” basically offered proof for both believers and naysayers.
More after the jump:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-...4b0390e69d040a5

Re: Anyone watching Westworld? [Re: MrB] #642116 11/01/16 01:27 AM
DLC Offline
I invented modding!
I invented modding!
He cheated !! mad he had one of those 30 round clips !! whistle

Re: Anyone watching Westworld? [Re: MrB] #642121 11/01/16 01:22 PM
Reboot Online Content
Muhahahaha
Online Content
Muhahahaha
Originally Posted By: MrB
Then there is the technical part of it. I realize they have fake guns but some have different ones. Most hosts and newcomers seem to have single action revolvers, but Delores shoots without cocking the hammer. In fact, I think he guns fire without her even pulling the trigger.

In one episode one guy killed eleven guys without reloading his six shooter. Good feat.

Just my opinion but I don't see how you can watch any TV show or movie and really enjoy it. It's supposed to be entertainment, it's not a documentary. You don't seem to be able to just sit back and get lost in the fantasy. This isn't real world. It's Westworld.

Re: Anyone watching Westworld? [Re: MrB] #642122 11/01/16 08:59 PM
Nana Offline
I mod in my sleep!
I mod in my sleep!
Originally Posted By: MrB

Dave

The park(s) are huge. Going by the original 2 movies, there are 3 parks-Westworld, Ancient Rome & Middle Ages. It's a few days by horseback to reach each park.
In the HBO version, it appears Westworld is made up of different wild wild west type of towns including some Mexican villages. Don't forget, Dr Ford is currently building another fantasy park. We just don't know the new theme is yet.
As for how many shots the guns are shooting, the bullets are infinite. This is fantasy park "in the future" not "our" current time line.
It appears you never saw the original movies. Strongly suggest that you do. Both movies full length are on YouTube.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Acumowchek, MacGizmo, Moderator, neil, Reboot