Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
What about the MacTech Magazine DVD? #637468 02/15/16 04:52 AM
XFox Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,
more than 2 years ago I bought the "MacTech DVD/Subscription Bundle" bundle that includes both the MacTech DVD and 24 issues of MacTech Magazine at a discounted price.

Immediately in the order confirmation e-mail MacTech customer support told me that "The MacTech archive DVD is currently on back order. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery."
OK, I thought, it's not a pressing need for me, and so every now and then I've been asking customer support for news.

After some time customer support simply started to reply that "customer service has not been informed of the release date yet" and I've been told this way once again only a few days ago.
Obviously, I've seen no MacTech DVD delivered to my house so far.

To be honest, I have to admit that they always offered me a refund so that I can reorder when the DVD will be released and that they extended my magazine subscription for several issues, so this is not really a complaint, I'm quite pleased by their customer support, but nonetheless I'm wondering how it's possible that they've not been able to master and deliver the DVD in over 2 years, maybe more (I don't know when this "DVD issue" story actually started).

I'm posting here because I'm surprised that there are no threads in this section talking about this issue and I'd like to know if there are other MacTech Magazine subscribers waiting for the DVD reading this lines.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Re: What about the MacTech Magazine DVD? [Re: XFox] #637481 02/15/16 10:55 PM
J
John Rougeux Offline
I invented modding!
I invented modding!
J
I'll let Neil know about this if he's not aware yet

Re: What about the MacTech Magazine DVD? [Re: XFox] #637495 02/16/16 08:26 PM
neil Offline
Neil Ticktin
Neil Ticktin
XFox,

Drop me a note at publisher at MacTech ... and we'll take it from there. Not really a forum discussion.
Thanks!

Neil

Re: What about the MacTech Magazine DVD? [Re: neil] #637538 02/17/16 11:02 PM
XFox Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: neil
Drop me a note at publisher at mactech ... and we'll take it from there.

E-mail sent.

Originally Posted By: neil
Not really a forum discussion.

Well, I had no intention to reveal any secret information, I was only searching for "me too" users and to create a place to collect and post news about this issue.

From this point of view I'm wondering why you cannot publicly elaborate in any way about the current MacTech Magazine DVD availability state.

Re: What about the MacTech Magazine DVD? [Re: neil] #638983 05/02/16 12:11 AM
XFox Offline OP
OP Offline
Neil, I sent an e-mail to publisher at MacTech dot com over 2 months ago but I've not received any reply so farů confused