Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Hosting Advice #637581 02/19/16 02:19 PM
keymaker Offline OP
I invented modding!
OP Offline
I invented modding!
So anyway I developed this site in iWeb which is going to give punters access to me for advice on school admissions and I was wondering if anyone knows who the best host might be?

What happens with that is that parents in the UK hoping to get their child into a particular school are turned down but have the right of appeal to a tribunal possibly invoking the need for advice and representation at the hearing.

I phoned Go Daddy but I have a few iWeb issues and they offered no hope of ongoing Mac or iWeb support on any problems post publication. I hope you guys won't mind me floating a few questions here:

1. Am I right that the iWeb Hit Counter doesn't work on FTP uploads? If so I'll strip it out because I've set the site up with StatCounter now anyway.

2. Also If a video doesn't play when I publish to a file does that mean it won't play once published.

3. I'm hoping to achieve interactive Registration, Sign In and the like in due course but am I likely to get advice from the host on those features.

Thanks,

km

Re: Hosting Advice [Re: keymaker] #637584 02/19/16 05:33 PM
NucleusG4 Offline
Master•Blaster
Master•Blaster
You may compatibility issues since iWeb was discontinued 7? years ago.
I do see this:
http://www.everwebapp.com/support/iweb-to-everweb.html

Obviously you must be running an older OS. If you start now in iWeb and then upgrade to a newer OS... you will likely have issues with iWeb.

Re: Hosting Advice [Re: NucleusG4] #637596 02/19/16 09:51 PM
keymaker Offline OP
I invented modding!
OP Offline
I invented modding!
Thanks I didn't know about EverWeb but it's got to be worth a trial on the software if not also the hosting.

I'm running OSX 10.95 at the moment because I didn't want to lose iWeb but if EverWeb is just as easy to use I'd be tempted to move over. The only problem is that the service offered on my site is time sensitive so I may have to publish what I've got with iWeb first of all and then look at alternatives over a longer time frame.

Much appreciate your input,

km

Moderated by  Acumowchek, MacGizmo, Reboot