Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Time Machine/Capsule #636812 01/20/16 10:43 AM
lanovami Offline OP
This space for rent
OP Offline
This space for rent
So my old iMac from early 2007 or maybe late 2006 is still going, but I find myself increasingly on a much later iMac Pro that a friend gifted me some time back.

Anyway, I wanted to see if I could access my old iMac's files on Time Machine via Time Capsule on the Pro. I looked up how to do this, and it said control click on Time Machine in the Dock and it will give you a choice to of access other computers' disks that are backed up there. It did indeed show me two choices, the Pro and the old iMac. However, when I click on the iMac selection it just gives me the Pro's files. I tried to see if they were reversed, so I hit the Pros selection - and again I got the actual Pro's files - so they are not reversed.

I found a number of troubleshooting tips, but this was not among them that I found. Any advice would be appreciated.

We are what we repeatedly do - Aristotle
Re: Time Machine/Capsule [Re: lanovami] #636814 01/20/16 12:10 PM
Reboot Online Content
Muhahahaha
Online Content
Muhahahaha
You should be able to access the Time Capsule through the sidebar in any Finder window. Click on the Time Capsule, you should see a folder that says Data, then inside there the disk images for the computers that have been backed up. Double-click the image to mount it on the desktop.

It may ask for a password when you click on Time Capsule in the sidebar, unless it's already in keychain, hopefully you know what that is.

Moderated by  Acumowchek