Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Re: Apple's Watch [Re: NucleusG4] #627943 02/28/15 05:12 PM
J
John Rougeux Offline OP
Member # -1
OP Offline
Member # -1
J
You are right...it can be used as a tool to make a living. And it provides an opportunity to make a living like what Reboot does.

Re: Apple's Watch [Re: NucleusG4] #627944 02/28/15 06:28 PM
Nana Offline
I mod in my sleep!
I mod in my sleep!
Originally Posted By: NucleusG4

When it comes to the iPhone 6+ I would like to have one for my poor eyesight... but it's too damn big to be in my pocket.

Funny you should mention that. My brother who owns just the 6 told me the 6+ was for females. It's big enough to find inside a pocketbook. laugh He then said if he had purchased the 6+ he would need to also purchase a clip on case or wear cargo pants & shorts because of their huge pockets all over the place. laugh

He took his iPhone 6 to an apple store where the staff increased the font size. The fonts size enlargement (is that a word? confused ) is now the default setting.

Re: Apple's Watch [Re: Celandine] #627945 02/28/15 06:35 PM
Nana Offline
I mod in my sleep!
I mod in my sleep!
Originally Posted By: Celandine

Apple didn't invent computers
they just made them accessable
they didn't invent mp3 tech
they just made them outstanding
they may not have invented watches
but they may well combine all 3
they didn't invent solar energy
but leading other industries to
follow suite officially makes me
a fanboi... fangoil... wotever... crazy

OFF TOPIC

How come your fonts do not wrap? They never cover the reply box? confused

Stealing Borrowing-->

back to your regular programming.... whistle

Re: Apple's Watch [Re: Nana] #627948 02/28/15 07:57 PM
AusMac Offline
Originally Posted By: Nana

[/color]

Possibly because she wants her post to be neat, she starts a new line.

“His throw went absolutely nowhere near where it was going.” ~ Richie Benaud.
Re: Apple's Watch [Re: Nana] #627949 02/28/15 08:07 PM
Celandine Offline
Madame Flutterbye
Madame Flutterbye
Originally Posted By: Nana

OFF TOPIC

Stealing Borrowing

smile "Borrow" Away

because it's easier for me to view the
enlarged reply box using a minimum
of scrolling, while composing a post.

____

Re: Apple's Watch [Re: John Rougeux] #628029 03/02/15 08:16 PM
MacGizmo Offline
What?
What?
Good-f#cking-God... my finger is hovering over the Delete Entire Thread button...

The Graphic Mac - Tips, reviews & more on all things OSX & graphic design.
Re: Apple's Watch [Re: MacGizmo] #628041 03/03/15 03:59 AM
Reboot Offline
Muhahahaha
Muhahahaha
Originally Posted By: MacGizmo
Good-f#cking-God... my finger is hovering over the Delete Entire Thread button...
First of all, to let all here know, for a thread to be deleted it isn't the whim of one mod, we are supposed to agree on it.

Second. Serious? Why. IMO you're the one taking it all too seriously. It a freakin' forum, and we're a small family that argues on occasion. This isn't a virgin thread. We'll work it out.

I'm glad you didn't delete it, thanks to me reading your last post I went back through and caught this that I missed before.

Just as funny as this old standby. But it is us, w/e, huh?

Re: Apple's Watch [Re: Reboot] #628043 03/03/15 11:57 AM
J
John Rougeux Offline OP
Member # -1
OP Offline
Member # -1
J
Originally Posted By: Reboot
First of all, to let all here know, for a thread to be deleted it isn't the whim of one mod, we are supposed to agree on it.

Second. Serious? Why. IMO you're the one taking it all too seriously. It a freakin' forum, and we're a small family that argues on occasion. This isn't a virgin thread. We'll work it out.

Never heard of the first thing and never followed it.

Second thing...this happens way too much and it's usually the same players. It's one thing to work it out, it's another to just bury it and then let it erupt again later on, with usually the snide remarks on both sides.

As moderators, we are supposed to be fair and nonjudgmental but I see that even we don't do that.

I wonder all the time why I bother to come here anymore and why I came back. It's clear that nothing will happen to the forums (no changes) and it'll never grow again no matter how many others we assimilate into these.

We lose people over the most petty stuff. I don't know how many people know, but Kate left because of me and my user ID number (mainly) and thinking I had a "hair trigger".

Originally Posted By: Kate
Ever since you decided it would be "prestigious" or "important" and "neat" to have a really low registration number for the forum, and then you just took one that hasn't been used for quite a while. I can't figure out why you did it. Not really that important. But then I wondered what else you might have mucked around with.

Your "opponent" got his fur really ruffled and went too far also. But this kind of confrontation has not even taken place in the Soap Box for a long, long, time.

Conversing with you is like talking to someone with a hair trigger. I haven't said anything to you since you got back but maybe once or twice. I could never tell how you might take something I say as offensive or argumentative.

I like the people who are left in this forum, but I can honestly say you are not one of my favorites. I like Facebook and spend much more time there.

I mean..really? She actually thought I had the power to do that (which I don't), but thought it was important enough to leave here. She doesn't even know me except through here and judges me harshly based upon her perception.

I wanted to post this because I hope that people see how things can get out of hand for some and they take this as their life and whatnot. And to hopefully see why I'm taking more of a "hey, it's not THAT important people..let it go" attitude.

I started working with a plumbing company while I'm going to school, so that has me really busy. Maybe it's time for me to prioritize things and relegate this type of site to the back burner. We'll see.

Last edited by John Rougeux; 03/03/15 11:59 AM.
Re: Apple's Watch [Re: John Rougeux] #628045 03/03/15 12:29 PM
S
Stumpy1 Offline
Chris Squire Rules!
Chris Squire Rules!
S
I'd hate to see you go, John.

There is a lot of life outside of the forums, though.

When a thread goes in a direction I'm not interested in, I stop reading it. It's O.K. if some days there's nothing I'm interested in.

The forum format is becoming passé, I'm afraid. Facebook and the like hold no interest for me - I seem to get into enough trouble with e-mail these days. The buffer between my brain and my mouth seems to be eroding.

Have a great day! smile

Stumpy
"Seek for the merit in others, even the tiniest shred. Then do the same in yourself"
-Reb Nachman
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Acumowchek, MacGizmo, Moderator, neil, Reboot