Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
MacBook reverts to Guest Login only! #627465 02/15/15 04:54 PM
D
Drew Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I have a MacBook circa 2008 running Lion unsure of the exact version.

When I turn on my MacBook it gives me the option to login under my account or a guest account. Once I click on my account and type in the password it takes about a minute and than reverts me to a screen that only has a Guest User option. I have never setup a Guest User password so I cant even login as a guest. On the bottom it has the option to Sleep, Restart, and Shut Down.

I have restarted and logged in many times under my account but it keep reverting to this Guest User. I have no idea what to do.

Re: MacBook reverts to Guest Login only! [Re: Drew] #627467 02/15/15 05:31 PM
Reboot Online Content
Muhahahaha
Online Content
Muhahahaha
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4718

Boot from the Recovery partition, instructions in link above, and run Disk Utility. Repair Disk first, then Repair Permissions.

If that doesn't work you may have to reinstall Lion from that recovery partition. You won't lose any data, it will just install a fresh copy of Lion. It will take a long time as it will need to download it again from Apple, unless you saved the installer when you initially installed it.

Re: MacBook reverts to Guest Login only! [Re: Drew] #627634 02/20/15 01:06 PM
J
John Decruz Offline
J
I will suggest you not to download any software for data recovery instead go to a professional company that offers data recovery services in UK.

Moderated by  Acumowchek