Not really doing much "heavy" work on this anymore.
What do you think about these instructions? I found them online. What type of tape would be best to use?
And I found a video how to replace. One of the comments said: "You need to install SSD Fan Control". Is this true?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qriduyHGBG8Tools required
T6 Torx Driver and T9 Torx Driver
Suction Cups for removing the glass front panel
Philips Screwdriver for removing the memory cover.
1. Remove the memory slot cover from the base of the machine.
2. Using the suction cups carefully place on the glass screen cover and remove the glass panel. Place somewhere safe and clean.
3. Remove the torx screws from the front panel surround on the edge of the LCD screen (some of the screws are different sizes)
4. Lift the screen away from the main chassis and life up and over above the computer
5. Remove the screws holding the LCD panel to the chassis
6. Remove 2 screws from the LCD connector and remove the connector from the graphics card
7. Carefully life the LCD panel from the bottom to expose the 4 small connectors for the backlight. Mark the connectors with a marker to aid reassembly and disconnect the connectors
8. Lift the panel clear of the chassis
9. Remove the hard drive temperate sensor and place to one side
10. Unclip the hard drive from the chassis. This plastic bracket can be a tight fit so some force is required to remove it
11. Remove the power and SATA connectors from the hard drive and remove from the chassis
12. Remove the screws holding the plastic clip from the hard drive and the 2 mounting pins from the other side of the hard drive
13. Fit the clip and pins to the new hard drive
14. Reconnect the power and SATA connectors and clip the new hard drive back into the computer chassis
15. Refit the LCD screen and reconnect the 4 small backlight connectors
16. Place the LCD panel flat on the chassis and reconnect the screen connector and refit the two small screws
17. Refit all the screws from the edge of the LCD screen
18. Refit front panel and take care not to trap the small cable at the top of the screen
19. Refit all the front panel screws in the same order as they where removed (some of the screws are different sizes)
20. Clean any dust from the LCD panel and the front glass panel using a soft screen cleaning cloth (don't use compressed air as this often leaves propellant on the screen which is very hard to remove)
21. Remove the suction cups from the screen and clean the glass.
22. Refit the memory slot cover on the base of the machine.