iTunes 12.0.1 Update for Mac #623851 10/19/14 11:36 AM
S
Stumpy1 Offline OP
Chris Squire Rules!
OP Offline
Chris Squire Rules!
S
Just downloaded the latest update.

Looks O.K., other than Apple seems to be losing the three-dimensional look bit by bit that made their apps so pleasant to view once upon a time.

So far so good playing songs.

One thing appears to be gone. On the most recent previous versions, there was a little grey clicky-thing in the upper right-hand corner. This button would allow one to go from the minimized window to a large window without the cursor leaving the window. Seems to be gone.

Can accomplish the same thing with the "View" menu now, but it's more work going all the way to a menu to accomplish something. I'm all about less work. grin

Stumpy
"Seek for the merit in others, even the tiniest shred. Then do the same in yourself"
-Reb Nachman
Re: iTunes 12.0.1 Update for Mac [Re: Stumpy1] #623870 10/19/14 11:01 PM
S
Stumpy1 Offline OP
Chris Squire Rules!
OP Offline
Chris Squire Rules!
S
O.K.. I found the trick(s).

When you're in large-screen mode, there's a box that appears in the Apple panel at the top-middle of the iTunes window. This can be used to minimize the window.

Once minimized, there's an "x" within a circle on the upper left-hand corner of that window which returns you to large-screen mode. This is initially confusing, because the "x" used to get rid of the window entirely.

Life is O.K.. smile

Stumpy
"Seek for the merit in others, even the tiniest shred. Then do the same in yourself"
-Reb Nachman
Re: iTunes 12.0.1 Update for Mac [Re: Stumpy1] #624483 11/08/14 07:29 PM
Nana Offline
I mod in my sleep!
I mod in my sleep!
When I opened up iTunes, it notified me of the update. When I clicked on the Download iTunes button, it took me to the AppStore. I clicked on Updates & the iTunes update was nowhere to be found.

I had to go to the iTunes website to download the update dmg. Strange.

Re: iTunes 12.0.1 Update for Mac [Re: Stumpy1] #624484 11/08/14 07:34 PM
Nana Offline
I mod in my sleep!
I mod in my sleep!
Originally Posted By: Stumpy1
O.K.. I found the trick(s).

When you're in large-screen mode, there's a box that appears in the Apple panel at the top-middle of the iTunes window. This can be used to minimize the window.

Once minimized, there's an "x" within a circle on the upper left-hand corner of that window which returns you to large-screen mode. This is initially confusing, because the "x" used to get rid of the window entirely.

Life is O.K.. smile

Thanks for this. I always use iTunes minimize window. I haven't really explored this new iTunes yet & I am completely lost. Took me an hour to figure out how to get my side panel back. mad
Now I gotta take damn notes so I won't forget how to do things that use to be so easily found & do. mad

Any more tricks you can share? whistle

Re: iTunes 12.0.1 Update for Mac [Re: Nana] #624555 11/10/14 10:44 PM
S
Stumpy1 Offline OP
Chris Squire Rules!
OP Offline
Chris Squire Rules!
S
I agree with you, Nana. Sometimes it appears that things are changed only for the sake of change. Not good practice, in my opinion.

Quote:
Any more tricks you can share?

This next one, I've not found a solution for yet.

Sometimes I'll be looking for a song in my general "Music" playlist using the "Search Library" window. But then I'll decide to play something from another playlist in the meantime. The title I put in the first playlist's search window comes up in all playlists, and therefore makes the other playlists blank unless that same song happens to be in there.

This is a pain if I"m looking for more than one tune in more than one playlist. Extra work.

Bummer.

Stumpy
-Reb Nachman

Moderated by  Acumowchek, MacGizmo, Reboot