Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
iCloud hacked? #622110 09/01/14 05:30 PM
Acumowchek Offline OP
Is this thing on?
OP Offline
Is this thing on?
Seeing lots of reports that 4Chan hacked iCloud, and posted hundreds of nude celebrity pics. shocked
NOT GOOD.
I must investigate further… whistle

Re: iCloud hacked? [Re: Acumowchek] #622113 09/01/14 07:09 PM
J
John Rougeux Offline
I invented modding!
I invented modding!
J

iCloud NOT hacked [Re: Acumowchek] #622159 09/02/14 09:39 PM
Acumowchek Offline OP
Is this thing on?
OP Offline
Is this thing on?
Update to Celebrity Photo Investigation

We wanted to provide an update to our investigation into the theft of photos of certain celebrities. When we learned of the theft, we were outraged and immediately mobilized Apple’s engineers to discover the source. Our customers’ privacy and security are of utmost importance to us. After more than 40 hours of investigation, we have discovered that certain celebrity accounts were compromised by a very targeted attack on user names, passwords and security questions, a practice that has become all too common on the Internet. None of the cases we have investigated has resulted from any breach in any of Apple’s systems including iCloud or Find my iPhone. We are continuing to work with law enforcement to help identify the criminals involved.

To protect against this type of attack, we advise all users to always use a strong password and enable two-step verification. Both of these are addressed on our website at http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4232.

Source: Apple Inc.

Re: iCloud NOT hacked [Re: Acumowchek] #622212 09/03/14 06:48 PM
MacBozo Offline
Nut Dood
Nut Dood
Lesson: Don't put nude pictures of yourself on the internet.

[Linked Image from dl.dropbox.com]
Re: iCloud NOT hacked [Re: MacBozo] #622220 09/03/14 09:23 PM
Acumowchek Offline OP
Is this thing on?
OP Offline
Is this thing on?
Seems pretty obvious to me. crazy

Re: iCloud NOT hacked [Re: MacBozo] #622577 09/12/14 11:51 PM
J
John Rougeux Offline
I invented modding!
I invented modding!
J
Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Lesson: Don't put nude pictures of yourself on the internet.

A simple google search:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12519?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Quote:
What iCloud backs up
You have important information on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. iCloud automatically backs up your device over Wi-Fi every day while it’s turned on, locked, and connected to a power source. With your device information backed up in iCloud, you can easily set up a new device or restore information on one you already have.

Here’s what iCloud backs up:

Purchase history for music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books

Your iCloud backup includes information about the content you have purchased, but not the purchased content itself. When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. Some types of content aren’t downloaded automatically in all countries, and previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store. For more information, see the Apple Support article iTunes in the Cloud availability by country. Some types of content aren’t available in all countries. For more information, see the Apple Support article Which types of items can I buy in my country?.

Photos and videos in your Camera Roll

So it's VERY plausible that they simply did not know that the photo would be backed up on iCloud and had thought they deleted it off their iPhone/iPad/Mac, whichever device had the photo.

And since this did in fact involve iCloud, they didn't just put it out there on the internet.

Might want to give some people a break before passing judgement, just saying. wink

Moderated by  Acumowchek, MacGizmo, Reboot