I have a Garmin GPS that I usually update once a year. I have always thought their Mac software was a little flaky. It will sometimes eject the unit without me doing anything and sometimes I will have 2 units show up on the desktop. One will have the correct name of the unit and the other will say "unknown". I have always managed to update the maps and software in spite of the bugs. When I updated the maps yesterday, it would not update the GPS until I closed iMessage. What does iMessage have to do with anything pertaining to the map software?
May the (mass times acceleration) be with you.
Xplain's use of MacNews, AppleCentral and AppleExpo are not affiliated with Apple, Inc. MacTech is a registered trademark of Xplain Corporation. AppleCentral, MacNews, Xplain, "The journal of Apple technology", Apple Expo, Explain It, MacDev, MacDev-1, THINK Reference, NetProfessional, MacTech Central, MacTech Domains, MacForge, and the MacTutorMan are trademarks or service marks of Xplain Corp. Sprocket is a registered trademark of eSprocket Corp. Other trademarks and copyrights appearing in this printing or software remain the property of their respective holders.
All contents are Copyright 1984-2010 by Xplain Corporation. All rights reserved. Theme designed by Icreon.