Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The things I don't like about iOS7 thread [Re: lanovami] #602875 09/20/13 11:11 AM
lanovami Offline
This space for rent
This space for rent
I do agree with the idea that it almost feels like you got a new phone.

And I am happy they made sure it was compatible back to iPhone 4.

Some changes do seem pointless. Now the on/off toggle switch for setting doesn't read off or on, b/c you are supposed to know. I am guessing when it shows green, that is on? Not sure.

We are what we repeatedly do - Aristotle
Re: The things I don't like about iOS7 thread [Re: lanovami] #602876 09/20/13 11:16 AM
padmavyuha Offline
Trans Tomboy™
Trans Tomboy™
I'm seeing all 7 days of the week on my landscape calendar.

My current gripes are:

* No control over the background colour of folders/springboard

* They fiddled with the Safari interface to favour you northpaws smile - so now the Bookmarks icon is to the right of the url box instead of to the left, and that's not configurable. >:(

If it's brokenless, don't suffix it...
Re: The things I don't like about iOS7 thread [Re: padmavyuha] #602879 09/20/13 11:59 AM
lanovami Offline
This space for rent
This space for rent
"* They fiddled with the Safari interface to favour you northpaws "

Yes! I knew I forgot something, I noticed that too. I also tried to configure that to no avail. Annoying.

Got me curious how many southpaws are here among us, now that you mention it, but I guess that's a different thread. Is "southpaw" used in the UK? Curious, as it originally comes from baseball.

Sorry, derailing again.

Re: The things I don't like about iOS7 thread [Re: Reboot] #602881 09/20/13 12:07 PM
MacBozo Offline
Nut Dood
Nut Dood
Pull down Notification Center. Right at the top - Day, Date, current weather. Stocks are there. Calendar events are there.

[Linked Image from dl.dropbox.com]
Re: The things I don't like about iOS7 thread [Re: MacBozo] #602904 09/20/13 01:36 PM
padmavyuha Offline
Trans Tomboy™
Trans Tomboy™
Another new feature - that when you're on the home screen and tilt the (for example) iPad Mini, the wallpaper "moves" relative to the icons - is pretty, but is causing me motion sickness.

I don't think southpaw is in common use here, but most people know what it means - and I enjoy referring to the out-group as northpaws laugh.

If it's brokenless, don't suffix it...
Re: The things I don't like about iOS7 thread [Re: padmavyuha] #602906 09/20/13 01:39 PM
lanovami Offline
This space for rent
This space for rent
Yeah, I had never heard northpaw or thought of it. I like it and will use it. Japanese people use it and are not aware it is an English word. Even though they don't know what south or paw means.

Re: The things I don't like about iOS7 thread [Re: MacBozo] #602907 09/20/13 01:40 PM
six_of_one Offline
Pool Bar
Pool Bar
Audiobooks in the music app: they've gotten rid of the chapter list view, so now if you want to jump to a specific chapter/point in the book you have to use a 1 1/2 -inch scrub bar with your meaty ape-descended finger to precisely navigate a 14-hour novel.

Dumb. I have no idea who thought this was a good idea.

Also, in Weather and some other apps, there's no obvious way to delete entries from your saved locations. Used to be an edit button that would pop-up little minus signs next to the entries. Now, you're supposed to somehow intuit that swiping the entry left will reveal a big delete button. Took *forever* to figure that out. The user shouldn't have to spend time madly gesturing everything they can think of to discover how to do simple things ...

Re: The things I don't like about iOS7 thread [Re: six_of_one] #602916 09/20/13 02:00 PM
six_of_one Offline
Pool Bar
Pool Bar
Don't like they way lock screen notifications blur-out the entire screen -- before, they were in boxes over the background image. I know that blurring-out the screen makes the new, unboxed notifications easier to read, but since there's usually a notification of some sort up there more often than not (at least for me), it kind of defeats the purpose of having a pretty picture there at all =P

In Mail, while in the mail-list view or when reading an e-mail there's no longer an indication of how many unread mail messages are left -- you have to go all the way out to the Mailboxes view to see that.

Re: The things I don't like about iOS7 thread [Re: six_of_one] #602931 09/20/13 02:36 PM
NucleusG4 Offline
Master•Blaster
Master•Blaster
Quote:
Audiobooks in the music app: they've gotten rid of the chapter list view, so now if you want to jump to a specific chapter/point in the book you have to use a 1 1/2 -inch scrub bar with your meaty ape-descended finger to precisely navigate a 14-hour novel.

Check to see if scrubbing is like it was in iOS6 videos... as you are scrubbing slide your finger down screen (sorta at an angle... but mostly down) and you will get finer increment scrubbing rates.

Re: The things I don't like about iOS7 thread [Re: NucleusG4] #602938 09/20/13 04:15 PM
six_of_one Offline
Pool Bar
Pool Bar
Quote:
Check to see if scrubbing is like it was in iOS6 videos... as you are scrubbing slide your finger down screen (sorta at an angle... but mostly down) and you will get finer increment scrubbing rates.

Yeah, you get half-speed scrubbing, but no indicator where one chapter ends and another begins, so you're reliant entirely on dead-reckoning. And even the half-speed scrubbing doesn't help too much unless you know which chapter corresponds to which time code. But it is *something,* I guess =P

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Acumowchek, MacGizmo, Reboot