First post on these forums, so please don't shoot me for wanting to put a PC into my G3 iMac case. I have searched far and wide for info on how to do this while still using the original iMac's CRT monitor, but have only found one person who seems to have succeeded in putting an ION mobo in his iMac and hooking it up to the CRT. Unfortunately, it is not documented very well how he did it and how he was successful in getting the CRT to work.

There seem to be a few others that have done it by replacing the CRT with an LCD screen, but I want to avoid that if at all possible.

I have two dead G3 iMacs to work with. One is a 233MHz tray load and the other is a 350MHz slot load. I started working on the tray load 233MHz model and found that it has a cable from the CRT which has a male two row 15pin VGA connector on it.

My plan is to keep the iMac PSU and CRT boards as is and adapt the the PSU connector to provide power to my Efika 5200b motherboard. I have a Radeon 9250 video card with a VGA header on it that I want to connect to the iMac's CRT cable.

I am sure I can figure out the PSU with a multi-meter and some time.

What I need is help getting the correct pin-out info for the iMac's CRT cable 15pin VGA connector which I have cut off and will replace with a header connector that fits onto the Radeon 9250 video card.

I also need the pin-out info for the Radeon 9250 card and hope that it is an industry standard that many people already know and can tell me where to find.

After this mod project, I think I will try putting either a MacMini, or a Hackintosh laptop into the second G3 iMac case.

Why the Efika 5200b you might ask? Well, I have it to run MorphOS2.7, which is a Next Generation PPC Amiga operating system that I enjoy using and developing for, as I am a lifetime Amiga user, who also appreciates Mac's and tolerates using PC's for the two or three programs that are not available, or not good on AmigaOS, MorphOS, or MacOSX.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

AmigaDave
1.67GHz G4 PowerBook (main computer)
and about 24 other computers in the house.