Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Dock for iPhone? #551935 02/19/11 09:08 PM
MrB Offline OP
I invented modding!
OP Offline
I invented modding!
will the iPad dock also serve as a dock for the iPhone 4?

I use my iPad and my iPhone while in my LazyBoy with my essential goodies on a small table beside me. Among which is the USB connecter for charging both iPad and iPhone. Was thinking it might be handy to have the iPhone and/or iPad on the dock there while charging so I could see who was calling me with out picking it up.

Don't want to have both docks.

Also read soewhwherw that I may have been doing damage to my iPad when charging as I keep it a case and snake the charging cord out to the outlet. Was toldthat Apple recommends that the devices beoutof a case while charging sueto heat buildup. Is that true?

Dave

If we don't count our blessings
We are just wasting our time
Re: Dock for iPhone? [Re: MrB] #551999 02/20/11 08:12 PM
NucleusG4 Offline
Master•Blaster
Master•Blaster
I believe the answer should yes They all use the same 30 pin connector. Having said that... some connectors give me issues with power on certain devices.. so I am not sure that ALL connectors from Apple will work with all Apple devices using a 30 pin.
They usually do, but as an example... the 3rd party (Belkin) connector I was using in my car worked perfectly with my 3Gs iPhone... but kept telling me it was no good for use with my 4g iPhone.
I haven't bothered to check, but I'm guessing the voltage or something changed,
Put another way... no connector has ever done any damage.. they just say they are not working.. and then they actually do work....
That is when they say they aren't working.. usually it's no problem at all.

Moderated by  Acumowchek, Moderator, neil, Reboot