I'm doing it manually. 2,200 contacts, MANUALLY! For all of the fields that aren't converted in the AppleScript, and for all of the fields that were automatically placed into inappropriate fields in Now, one-by-one, copying from ACT!, pasting into Now, copying from ACT!, pasting into Now, copying from ACT!, pasting into Now, copying from ACT!, pasting into Now, copying from ACT!, pasting into Now, copying from ACT!, pasting into Now, copying from ACT!, pasting into Now, ... That's 2,200 times, what, 10 or so. That's weeks worth of mindless time, wasted away.

I'm shocked and truly disappointed that Now has no resources, zero, not one single person in the entire organization who would like to earn some extra money on the side.

Here's the biggest issue: ACT! doesn't include the "notes" in a tab-delimited export. The AppleScript does. It just doesn't do other things well. I thought about importing twice (once with a tab-delimited export and once using the AppleScript), but that sounded overwhelming, too, trying to merge all of the information from 4,400 contacts into 2,200, flawlessly.

The other big issue is this: I'm not sure what Now calls them, but I think they're keywords, not categories, as it looks like a contact can only have one category. Many of my contacts are members of more than one group. For instance, you could be my friend, my colleague and my neighbor, etc., all at the same time.

At this rate, I should be done with the conversion in a few weeks, at the least, and maybe more. Meanwhile, I'm not making a living. So if you think you can make everything (and I mean everything) transfer over from one program into the other, I'd love it if you'd be willing to give it a try.

ACT! 2.8 is a Mac program. It's in Classic 9, but I run it from OS 10.4, not OS 9.

I tried attaching the file, but it got rejected: "The extension app is not allowed." If you'll send me an e-mail address, I'll send it to you separately.