Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: arcadiMac [Re: jamescolby] #476037 10/03/08 05:55 AM
N
napes Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted By: "TonimusMaximus"
A guide would be awesome. I so want to build one! I've got an old clamshell iBook laying around and that would be sweet!

Don't destroy your iBook if it's in good condition - they're quite collectable... while iMacs make regular appearances on the side of the road... wink

Originally Posted By: "RadioC1ash"
Can't wait to see the guide! This gives my arcade-heartstrings a much needed plucking. Very clean (on the outside), very cunning use of the iMac. Love it.

Haha - yeah... no-one was supposed to see the inside!!! laugh

Re: arcadiMac [Re: jamescolby] #476038 10/08/08 01:46 PM
C
ctan Offline
Where's the RAM?
Where's the RAM?
C
Nice one. Let me know if you want any help with the mod postings, email me at the same address for the mac mod challenge entrees.

chris

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Re: arcadiMac [Re: jamescolby] #476039 10/08/08 05:49 PM
B
BigO Offline
B
Very nice job! I'm planning on doing something like this too (almost did it for the mod challenge but ran out of time).

How does it handle start up? Does it go right into the mame app? What about switching games and such?

Re: arcadiMac [Re: jamescolby] #476040 10/09/08 05:35 AM
N
napes Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted By: "BigO"
Very nice job! I'm planning on doing something like this too (almost did it for the mod challenge but ran out of time).

How does it handle start up? Does it go right into the mame app? What about switching games and such?

Thanks smile

Rewired original switch to a back lit arcade switch - starts up fine.
Loads up, then straight into MacMame (the menu bar is also hidden - a bit neater)
Switching games is all done through joystick and buttons presses using quickkeys and stock Mame controls.

I'll be adding a write-up here soon - dismantled it last weekend to do final tidy up so hopefully will make good progress this weekend... smile

Re: arcadiMac [Re: jamescolby] #476041 10/09/08 05:36 AM
N
napes Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted By: "ctan"
Nice one. Let me know if you want any help with the mod postings, email me at the same address for the mac mod challenge entrees.

chris

Cool - will do smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Acumowchek