Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: MUST have! #469 06/04/01 11:55 AM
johnengler Offline
old hand
old hand
Misha, really? Damn... I didn't know that... he's a class act that Alessandro... I think I'll tell him right now via email...<br><br><br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

"In the old days, you'd finish a day's work and announce, 'I'm done.' Nobody ever does that now. There's never enough time." -- Elliott Masie
Re: MUST have! [Re: yoyo52] #470 06/05/01 08:59 PM
NeilMac Offline
Hi yoyo<br><br>M$ evil, surely not! I don't have any M$ stuff of any description so I went for a MacAlly iOptimouse (good deal at the time in the UK -- something that can be problem in these fair Isles). Driver works fine except only works in the Quark menu windows, or whatever they're called, not the main window! You'd think some one would try something like this in all the main Mac apps before unleashing it on the user.<br><br>

Re: MUST have! [Re: NeilMac] #471 06/06/01 04:16 AM
johnengler Offline
old hand
old hand
Look, I've corresponded with a few of the MS MBU engineers, and those guys are a class act. They've always been helpful, and most of the project manager lurk on the many MS mailing lists out there... and try to help out as much as possible... much more than I can say for a lot of software development companies... so, is M$ evil? not my bag baby... is the Mac BU evil? I'd have to say HELL NO to that question....<br><br><br><br>John<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

"In the old days, you'd finish a day's work and announce, 'I'm done.' Nobody ever does that now. There's never enough time." -- Elliott Masie
Re: MUST have! [Re: johnengler] #472 06/07/01 05:03 AM
yoyo52 Offline
Nothing comes of nothing.
Nothing comes of nothing.
I don't think M$ is evil either--hence the in my post. I do think that M$, like any corporation, is interested primarily in making bucks. There's nothing wrong with that, of course. Apple wants to do the same thing, after all, but M$ jus does it more efficiently. On the other hand, sometimes those on whom efficiency happens feel it as ruthlessness more than anything else. Well, them's the breaks.<br><br>And that's true too/--Shakespeare, King Lear

MACTECH ubi dolor ibi digitus
Re: MUST have! [Re: johnengler] #473 06/23/01 07:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had to use usb overdrive on my new ibook because the fastest setting for the stock mouse driver was not even close to what I find useable. USB overdrive brought it up to speed quite nicely.<br><br><br>

Re: MUST have! #474 06/24/01 07:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll second that...<br>I run it at "Fast 100". Hate it any other way...<br><br>Cipher13<br><br>

Re: MUST have! #475 06/25/01 04:58 AM
A
Alex Offline
stranger
stranger
A
When it comes to system enhancements, ACTION Files and ACTION GoMac are my top 2 cannot-survive-withouts. Power Windows is also up there; then probably Tiger Technologies' Menuette (cute, plus I like the Window menu) and Window Monkey. Oh, and Prestissimo (set-and-forget, nice and simple). And ABFCT/ABFR. And last but not least, Mickey Hand (colour hand cursor)... and NoAliasBadge (to get rid of those STUPID Windows alias arrows).<br><br>Oh yeah - and while I think of it, PAY FOR SHAREWARE IF YOU LIKE IT!! I do... it's good for you, good for the author, good for the environment... everyone wins!

Re: MUST have! [Re: Alex] #476 06/25/01 05:46 AM
TreeBeard Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
well since I first bought GoMac anmd Default Folder as one package bulk deal...when GoMac was at version 1.4 no I think it was 1.3.1... I'd have to go look...Anyway the result was that when Action Files came along I was never going to give up Default Folder just to install it so I stayed the way I was.. except of course I had to go up to "Action GoMac".<br>Yes I not only use "Alias icon killer" on my system icons but I vett EVERY new Kaleidoscope scheme I investigate with "Alias icon killer" and before you ask... NOPE .."NoAliasBadge" never ever worked for me..<br>my other fave is Extension Strip .. could not do without it, can't stand using control strip. <br><br>=============================================================<br>| "Behold the Turtle, he maketh no progress ==== until he sticketh out his neck." |<br>=============================================================

but where will we be when the future comes?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Acumowchek