Fannie Mae fatcat/friend of Obama buys $4.9 million penthouse<br><br>Franklin Raines, the Clinton-era head of corrupted Fannie Mae, does not feel your pain. While Barack Obama rails about unfettered greed and callous Washington lobbyists, his friend and consultant made off like a bandit…and has just sold and bought multi-millionaire homes.<br><br>Crisis? What crisis? Sacrifice? What sacrifice?<br><br>From Washingtonian magazine:<br><br>Franklin Raines, the former top man at Fannie Mae, bought a three-bedroom, seven-bath penthouse condominium in the West End’s Ritz-Carlton Residences for $4.9 million. The condo has a rooftop terrace with a hot tub, a butler’s pantry, and three parking spaces. Raines, director of the US Office of Management and Budget under President Clinton, was CEO of Fannie Mae from 1999 to 2004.<br><br>Via USAToday, we learn that Raines just sold his old home after splitting with his wife for $7.6 million.<br><br>A quick reminder:<br><br>“Regulators have said that of the $90 million paid to Mr. Raines from 1998 to 2003 at least $52 million — more than half — was tied to bonus targets that were reached by manipulating accounting,” The New York Times reported two years ago.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>keep the change

I’ll keep my freedom, my guns and my money – you can keep the change.