Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Is this the Drupal you're talking about? [Re: Reboot] #378581 08/27/08 07:07 PM
MacGizmo Offline
What?
What?
I run The Graphic Mac on Drupal, and Ivan uses it at CreativeBits as well.<br><br>Drupal is much like Wordpress in that it's just a bunch of PHP and CSS, so if you know both, there's virtually no limit to what you can do. If you don't know either (like me), then you can still accomplish quite a bit.<br><br>Drupal is MUCH more flexible than Wordpress, though not as popular because it's not as easy to set up and administer. But it runs faster due to having much more streamlined code - especially when dealing with the database.<br><br>The database is a MySQL datbase, stored on your Web server, just like any other. It's completely separate from Drupal itself. Think of Drupal as an application and forum posts as your documents. You can delete the application, but your documents remain untouched - the only thing you need is another app that can read the documents.<br><br>When I switched from Wordpress to Drupal, I imported my database of posts and article comments from Wordpress to Drupal. There were a few "bugs" - but it can be done.<br><br>

The Graphic Mac - Tips, reviews & more on all things OSX & graphic design.
Re: Is this the Drupal you're talking about? [Re: MacGizmo] #378582 08/28/08 08:53 PM
RubenC Offline
Artimus Maximus
Artimus Maximus
Sounds good to me!<br><br>Just lead and we shall follow!<br><br>

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Acumowchek, MacGizmo, Moderator, neil, Reboot