Hop To
Thank you, thank you, thank youb - but no CD boot #3594 03/26/02 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all thanks for all your help. May you life be long and your loins be full of loiny things.<br><br>I made a disk image of my OS9 CD as advised. I then copied DiskWarrior to this image. Worked fine. I made sure I moved the system file out of the system folder and back in to bless it - however doing this in X does not change the system folder icon. I burned the CD using Toast 5.1 Titanium.<br><br>The bugger doesn't work. Starting with "c" results in a flashing question mark for a couple of seconds and then X starting up.<br><br>Have I done something really, really wrong? Or am I just being plain stupid? My problem is that DiskWarrior hasn't been carbonised yet and needs 9 to do anything - and I can't get access to 9. I have heard that it is possible to delete 9 by just dumping it. Could I just do that and reinstall it without touching X? I don't think so but I'd still thought I'd ask.<br><br>

Re: Thank you, thank you, thank youb - but no CD b #3595 03/26/02 06:50 PM
yoyo52 Offline
Nothing comes of nothing.
Nothing comes of nothing.
Don't burn it with Toast. Burn it with Disk Copy. Moving the System Folder in and out does not change the folder icon, you're right about that. But every time I've burned the CD with Disk Copy, it has booted; every time I've burned it with Toast, it has not.<br><br>Again, burn the .dmg file itself, not the contents of the .dmg file.<br><br>Good luck!<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

MACTECH ubi dolor ibi digitus

Moderated by  Acumowchek