OK just finished #5 and we focused on Numbers.<br><br>Nice program but it's so different in may ways from Excel, I am lost at times.<br>I do lots of tables and graphing scientific data. The tables are relatively straightforward and easy, but the graphing is another story. So I wanted to do a very simple graph. X vs Y.. we could make a table and graph it but we kept getting 2 lines for the 2 columns "X" and "Y". None of the teachers could figure out how to put the X values along the X axis.<br>Turns out to use the numbers in the X column, they need to be put into a Header column. Otherwise you just get "Untitled 1...... untitled N". <br><br>Also I also plot many graphs where I need a "best line fit". Turns out you can take your data and get a N (number of points), Slope, Intercept, and Correlation coefficient. Very Nice... it wasn't apparent when I first started using Numbers... but so far it CAN do most of what I need for scientific data.<br><br>Another useful and neat function is SUMIF. They used this in a table for a home improvement workbook. They listed 2-3 of every appliance needed in a Kitchen remodel and all the data about each model (stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers, microwaves, etc - Long list with photos of each). The far right column consisted of a series of checkboxes. You could check which model you wanted and the cost would be added to the total at the bottom. Uncheck it, removed the cost. NEAT feature. I can see that very useful in many lists.<br><br>Anyway it appears it's done with the SUMIF function - pretty cool. I don't know if EXCEL has this or not but I never used it if it did. Yep it does, but there's no check button feature. In NUMBERS if you have a checkbox and it's checked the return value is "True", if not, it's "False". You can do the same in EXCEL but you have to put T or F in the column where the checkboxes would have been. It works but not as "cool". <br><br>Another neat feature of NUMBERS is if you make a list and need contact information, you can go to your Address Book and just drag them into the List. It keeps the Name, address, phone # , and email addresses in separate columns. They used that also in the Home Improvement Workbook- pretty cool. That'd be great for making lists of people to contact, or to invite, etc.<br><br>anyway - thought I'd share a few revelations. Maybe they're not to everyone else, but they were to me <br><br><br>David (OFI)