Hop To
What I Bought At Expo #3225 01/07/02 04:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Thread Idea<br><br>Why don't all the MacMinute regulars post message(s) listing the new gadgets, hardware & software, purchased in connection with MacWorld Expo, San Francisco, 2002?<br><br>I'll start off. While waiting for the Keynote to start (and struggling to get into this server....must be getting clobbered) I bought a TiBook 2 slip case, described on today's MacMinute, for my TiBook. Just what I needed. Now I have about five carrying cases. <br><br>Am waiting for Adobe to post a GoLive 6 pre-order form. I plan to order the update from GoLive 5. I'm not a professional html designer, not even close, but I like the tinker with the software on the five or six personal web sites I have scattered about.<br><br>The real lust starts shortly......5 minutes to Keynote. <br><br>So what couldn't you avoid purchasing?<br><br>128k_Mac<br><br>The box said "Requires Microsoft Windows or better" so I bought a Macintosh.

Re: What I Bought At Expo #3226 01/07/02 07:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bought this and the price was right. Free. iPhoto.<br><br><br><br>128k_Mac<br><br>The box said "Requires Microsoft Windows or better" so I bought a Macintosh.

Re: What I Bought At Expo #3227 01/07/02 07:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adobe does have the pre-order available for Go Live 6, shipping this quarter, which runs on both OS X and OS9.<br><br>Cost is $99 for the upgrade., which I thought quite reasonable. This would especially be true for a professional developer because of the added new features.<br><br>I hope they take a "reasonable approach" in pricing Photoshop 7. I'm guess it will be $199. for upgrade.<br><br>My primary interest is in running GoLive under OS X. Haven't decided about Live Motion 2.0, but probably won't purchase.<br><br>Anyone at Expo actually played with either GoLive or Live Motion demos at the Adobe pavillion? Impressions?<br><br>128k_Mac<br><br>The box said "Requires Microsoft Windows or better" so I bought a Macintosh.

Re: What I Bought At Expo #3228 01/11/02 10:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't anyone else buy some MacWorld Expo special or new product?<br><br>MacReporter? The GoLive 6 upgrade? The special deal on BBEdit? (I bought two of their neat t-shirts and now have about five of them.)<br><br>There must have been 500 new games intro'd. No one bought a game just to celebrate the fact that MacWorld Expo was underway? Did you at least download the Myth III demo (a mere 95MB or so)?<br><br>Everyone already has Oni and Quake II for Mac? (If you have Quake II for OS 9 download the open source file for OS X at Version Tracker and you're in business.)<br><br>Conflict Catcher 9? Special deal on Disk Warrior?<br><br>No one ordered a new iMac? A new 14" screen iBook? Everyone too busy having fun with the freebie iPhoto to buy something?<br><br><br><br>128k_Mac<br><br>The box said "Requires Microsoft Windows or better" so I bought a Macintosh.

Re: What I Bought At Expo #3229 01/12/02 04:33 AM
yoyo52 Offline
Nothing comes of nothing.
Well, I did get CC 9 for my wife's PB, but that's about it. Christmas sorta wiped out our bank account <br><br>On the other hand, we now have a full theater sound system, and a second car. None of this has anything to do with Macworld, unfortunately!<br><br><br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

MACTECH ubi dolor ibi digitus
Re: What I Bought At Expo [Re: yoyo52] #3230 01/12/02 05:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Santa was good to you.<br><br>But you miss the point. SF Expo is always the time to max out the plastic, braces for your son in the near term notwithstanding. <br><br>128k_Mac<br><br>The box said "Requires Microsoft Windows or better" so I bought a Macintosh.

Re: What I Bought At Expo #3231 01/12/02 06:02 AM
yoyo52 Offline
Geez, you had to remind me of the orthodontist!<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

MACTECH ubi dolor ibi digitus
Re: What I Bought At Expo [Re: yoyo52] #3232 01/12/02 06:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a father myself a few years back it's hard for me to forget how the family budget seems to implode after a negative (positive?) visit to the orthodontist. <br><br>Sorry.<br><br>128k_Mac<br><br>The box said "Requires Microsoft Windows or better" so I bought a Macintosh.

Moderated by  Acumowchek