We went to see a college production of Beckett's play tonight, and I have to say that it's the best production I've ever seen, and that includes productions with real heavy hitters, in London and New York. The kids were absolutely superb, and the director, a fabulous actor and singer in his own right, got it just right. I can't begin to tell you how lucky we are to have this guy at our school. He's an alumnus, and his loyalty to the school is tremendous. He himself has been in productions of major operas all over the world, has been nominated for grammies, and so on and so on. The kids that he and our theater dept. attract to the school are also incredibly talented. Talent attracts talent, I guess. The result over the last four or five years has been one incredible performance after another, so much so that when someone else directs a play, we all expect to be disappointed, and unfortunately it usually turns out that we're right. This guy also collaborates with a painter/collage maker who has developed an uncanny eye for stage settings, which are themselves works of art.<br><br>I'm really tickled pink at all this great stuff <br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!