Hop To
entourage:remove auto complete #2265 08/18/01 06:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Entourage when you go to make a new email message you begin by typing in the TO: field and upon the first letter typed it lists a list of emails that include emails that are not in my address book. Its a list of everyone I have ever sent or received an email from!! I want to get rid of this. How do I set it so it doesn't remember all of them.<br><br>thanks a million. <br><br>

Re: entourage:remove auto complete #2266 08/20/01 06:13 PM
sean Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
hmmm. if they aren't in your address book then they must be messages that are currently in one folder or another. if you delete the messages with these addresses in them and they are not in your address book, then entourage will not remember them.<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: entourage:remove auto complete [Re: sean] #2267 08/21/01 04:10 AM
yoyo52 Offline
Nothing comes of nothing.
Nothing comes of nothing.
I actually think that Entourage remembers all the email addresses to which you've sent mail, whether or not you have any messages with that address in a folder. I'm pretty sure that's the case, although I have no idea whether there's a time limit on how long the app will remember the address.<br><br>To get rid of that list--and it's the whole list, including your address book, that you have to dump, not just the particular address, go to the Documents Folder on the HD, open up the MS Use Data Folder, go to Office 2001 Identities, and remove the Database file in the user folder where the address you want to delete is located. I have only one user, so it's in the Main User folder.<br><br>Again, that deletes all your addresses, including the ones in the address book.<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

MACTECH ubi dolor ibi digitus

Moderated by  Acumowchek