Fer cryin' out loud<br>when will these (mostly Chinese) puppets figure it out...<br>sigh.<br><br>=><br><br><br>Castro attacks 'deranged' Bush <br><br>and the EU<br>02/02/2005 - 17:23:57 <br><br>Fidel Castro called President George Bush “deranged” and belittled recent improvements in Cuba-EU relations in his first public remarks since Washington dubbed the Caribbean isle an “outpost of tyranny".<br><br>In a televised address, Castro maintained his trademark go-it-alone attitude, saying his communist-run island is a paradise that is doing fine without the help of the US or Europe.<br><br>Cuba “doesn’t need the United States, it doesn’t need Europe,” he said. “What a wonderful thing to be able to say, that (Cuba) doesn’t need any assistance – it’s learned to live without it.”<br><br>Speaking at an international conference in Havana last night, Castro said: “This country is heaven, in the spiritual sense of the word,” he said. “And I say, we prefer to die in heaven than survive in hell.”<br><br>Wearing his trade mark olive green military uniform, Castro linked Bush’s government to corruption and torture.<br><br>He said he closely watched the US leader’s inauguration speech and saw “the face of a deranged person.”<br><br>“If only it were just the face,” he said, to roars of applause.<br><br>The Cuban leader also warned against a potential invasion by the United States, a theme often repeated in public addresses. Washington has said, also repeatedly, that there are no plans to attack the Caribbean island.<br><br>“If they make the mistake of attacking this country, well Mr. Bush, or whoever will be there, I recommend to you it would be better if you use 50 nuclear bombs to exterminate all of us,” he said. -would it take that much? I loathe to ask.<br><br>Castro, 78, stood for much of the five-hour speech. After he broke his right arm and shattered his left kneecap in an accidental fall in October, he was in a wheelchair before he started walking again in December.<br><br>He expressed little enthusiasm for renewed diplomatic ties between Cuba and the European Union, indicating displeasure that a decision to lift sanctions on Cuba was temporary.<br><br>European Union foreign ministers announced this week they would lift a ban on high-level governmental visits and stop inviting Cuban dissidents to embassy gatherings in Havana. The 25-nation bloc had imposed the sanctions after Castro’s government cracked down on opponents in March 2003.<br><br>The EU’s new policy, which demands the release of all imprisoned dissidents, is up for review in July.<br><br>“They are treating us as if we were condemned to a death sentence,” using these months to “observe how I behave,” Castro said.<br><br>--------------- - ---- - -- -- -- -- - - <br><br>Spin away<br>you can spin away<br>if you want to<br>spin all day<br><br>if ya wanna.<br>