Hop To
Sherlock in IE #2079 07/25/01 10:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have configured IE to include Sherlock in the tool bar. It is grayed out though. In the past it would show up as live. I went through and reevaluated my IE settings but still can't figure out what is wrong.<br>IE 5.0/OS 9.1 on an iBook SE.<br>Thanks<br><br>The Golden Retriever-a wonderous creation.

Re: Sherlock in IE #2080 07/25/01 12:52 PM
johnengler Offline
old hand
old hand
IE expects Sherlock to be in a certain place on your Mac. If it's not there, it won't work.<br><br>Anyone have a note to the TIL about this? I don't know what the url is, but I bet you could search macfixit or the AKB to find out where it has to reside to work properly.<br><br>Good luck.<br><br>john<br><br>***<br>"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"<br> --Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales<br>

"In the old days, you'd finish a day's work and announce, 'I'm done.' Nobody ever does that now. There's never enough time." -- Elliott Masie
Re: Sherlock in IE [Re: johnengler] #2081 07/25/01 01:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since OS 9.1, Sherlock was moved to the Applications folder, and an alias was placed in the Apple Menu. IE doesn't like that. To get Sherlock back on your IE toolbar (un-greyed), delete the alias of Sherlock in the Apple Menu and put the "real" Sherlock back in there.<br><br>

Re: Sherlock in IE #2082 07/26/01 04:28 AM
yoyo52 Offline
Nothing comes of nothing.
Nothing comes of nothing.
I made a copy of Sherlock to put in the Apple Menu Items and left the original in the Applications folder, but now that I think about it that was a pretty silly thing to do!<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

MACTECH ubi dolor ibi digitus
Re: Sherlock in IE [Re: yoyo52] #2083 07/26/01 12:36 PM
johnengler Offline
old hand
old hand
hehe... yoyo that's the funniest thing I've read in a while... reminds me of the girl upstairs at work that asked our Sys Admin to install of hwer graphics apps. Being an NT only guy, he had no idea what to do, so, being used to having to do "custom" installs on the PC's he did that with say the illustrator install. the he didn't know which "application" to install. The 68K version, or the PPC version? hmmm... touhg one eh?<br><br>Anyways... moral of the story was after he was "done" he called me asking "John, where are her applications? they aren't here"<br><br>So I went and showed him that he hadn't actually installed any applications...<br><br>he felt about as dumb as possible... which wasn't my intention... but it was still pretty funny. <br><br>He also commented that "Macs in general seem to install software a lot faster than PC's do." <br><br>John<br><br>***<br>"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"<br> --Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales<br>

"In the old days, you'd finish a day's work and announce, 'I'm done.' Nobody ever does that now. There's never enough time." -- Elliott Masie

Moderated by  Acumowchek