from andrew sullivan:<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>"MORAL VALUES": Here's a fascinating piece of data. The percentage of people who said in 2004 that their vote was determined by the issue of "moral values" was 22 percent. In 1992, if you add the issues of abortion and family values together, that percentage was 27 percent. In 1996, it was 49 percent. In 2000, it was 49 percent. So the domestic moral focus halved in 2004. Obviously, the war took precedence, especially if you combine the categories of the Iraq war and the war on terrorism more generally. Again: the Republicans should be wary of over-playing their hand. If they believe the entire country is the religious right, the backlash could begin very soon.<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>republicans have two years before 2006 to refashion themselves as a moderate majority party . . . i don't think it's possible considering they've got rove, dubya, frist, santorum, and delay in the driver's seat. iraq and terrorism loomed large this time around. in 2 years, things could change dramatically. will republicans follow james dobson et al. off a cliff or realize that they really don't have a mandate on the moral values they thought according to sullivan's numbers? time will tell.<br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
You're really taking this hard, aren't you?<br><br>By the way, in case anyone is interested, Bush is holding Thrusday night Fishes-n-Loaves tent revivals on the south lawn starting March 3rd. Word is Sean has been mailed his free passes (Jewels for Jesus) already.<br><br>****************<br><br> = days numbered
***************<br><br>This space left intentionally blank
no. why? <br><br>i realize you may have come to expect the 15 posts a day i was averaging here in the days prior to the election. i am now just under 9 posts a day over the last 3 days, but i think that decrease is probably pretty normal for most everyone. <br><br>wowzee! i just checked my last month of posting activity . . . i post a lot. perhaps yoyo has it right, even if he has it right for different reasons?<br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
Again Sean, please rely on the advice and analysis of Andrew Sullivan for what is the best path for the Democratic party to take/ I'm sure the Republicans will take Andrews advice to heart and be very wary of "over-playing" their hand.<br><br>
Xplain's use of MacNews, AppleCentral and AppleExpo are not affiliated with Apple, Inc. MacTech is a registered trademark of Xplain Corporation. AppleCentral, MacNews, Xplain, "The journal of Apple technology", Apple Expo, Explain It, MacDev, MacDev-1, THINK Reference, NetProfessional, MacTech Central, MacTech Domains, MacForge, and the MacTutorMan are trademarks or service marks of Xplain Corp. Sprocket is a registered trademark of eSprocket Corp. Other trademarks and copyrights appearing in this printing or software remain the property of their respective holders.
All contents are Copyright 1984-2010 by Xplain Corporation. All rights reserved. Theme designed by Icreon.