[color:blue]Picard: "Mr. LaForge, have you had any success with your attempts at finding a<br>weakness in the Borg? And Mr. Data, have you been able to access their command<br>pathways?"<br><br>Geordi: "Yes, Captain. In fact, we found the answer by searching through our<br>archives on late Twentieth-century computing technology."<br><br>Geordi presses a key, and a logo appears on the computer screen.<br><br>Riker: (looks puzzled). "What the hell is 'Microsoft'?"<br><br>Data: (turns to answer). "Allow me to explain. We will send this program, for<br>some reason called 'Windows', through the Borg command pathways. Once inside<br>their root command unit, it will begin consuming system resources at an<br>unstoppable rate."<br><br>Picard: "But the Borg have the ability to adapt. Won't they alter their<br>processing systems to increase their storage capacity?"<br><br>Data: "Yes, Captain. But when 'Windows' detects this, it creates a new version<br>of itself known as an 'upgrade'. The use of resources increases exponentially<br>with each iteration. The Borg will not be able to adapt quickly enough.<br>Eventually all of their processing ability will be taken over and none will be<br>available for their normal operational functions."<br><br>Picard: "Excellent work. This is even better than that 'unsolvable geometric<br>shape' idea."<br><br>... 15 Minutes Later ...<br><br>Data: "Captain, We have successfully installed the 'Windows' in the command unit<br>and as expected it immediately consumed 85% of all resources. We however have<br>not received any confirmation of the expected 'upgrade'."<br><br>Geordi: "Our scanners have picked up an increase in Borg storage and CPU<br>capacity to compensate, but we still have no indication of an 'upgrade' to<br>compensate for their increase."<br><br>Picard: "Data, scan the history banks again and determine if their is something<br>we have missed."<br><br>Data: "Sir, I believe their is a reason for the failure in the 'upgrade'.<br>Apparently the Borg have circumvented that part of the plan by not sending in<br>their registration cards.<br><br>Riker: "Captain we have no choice. Requesting permission to begin emergency<br>escape sequence 3F . . ."<br><br>Geordi: (excited) "Wait, Captain I just detected their CPU capacity has suddenly<br>dropped to 0% !"<br><br>Picard: "Data, what does your scanners show?"<br><br>Data: "Apparently the Borg have found the internal 'Windows' module named<br>'Solitaire' and it has used up all the CPU capacity."<br><br>Picard: "Lets wait and see how long this 'solitaire' can reduce their<br>functionality."<br><br>... Two Hours Pass ...<br><br>Riker: "Geordi what's the status on the Borg?"<br><br>Geordi: "As expected the Borg are attempting to re-engineer to compensate for<br>increased CPU and storage demands, but each time they successfully increase<br>resources I have setup our closest deep space monitor beacon to transmit more<br>'windows' modules from something called the 'Microsoft fun-pack'.<br><br>Picard: "How much time will that buy us ?"<br><br>Data: "Current Borg solution rates allow me to predicate an interest time span<br>of 6 more hours."<br><br>Geordi: "Captain, another vessel has entered our sector."<br><br>Picard: "Identify."<br><br>Data: "It appears to have markings very similar to the 'Microsoft' logo"<br><br>Over the speakers...<br>"THIS IS ADMIRAL BILL GATES OF THE MICROSOFT FLAGSHIP MONOPOLY. WE HAVE POSITIVE<br>CONFIRMATION OF UNREGISTERED SOFTWARE IN THIS SECTOR. SURRENDER ALL ASSETS AND<br>WE CAN AVOID ANY TROUBLE. YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS"<br><br>Data: "The alien ship has just opened its forward hatches and released thousands<br>of humanoid shaped objects."<br><br>Picard: "Magnify forward viewer on the alien craft"<br><br>Riker: "Good God captain! Those are humans floating straight toward the Borg<br>ship with no life support suits! How can they survive the tortures of deep<br>space?!"<br><br>Data: "I don't believe that those are humans sir, if you will look closer I<br>believe you will see that they are carrying something recognized by<br>twenty-first century man as doe skin leather briefcases, and wearing Armani<br>suits" Riker and Picard together horrified: "Lawyers !!"<br><br>Geordi: "It can't be. All the Lawyers were rounded up and sent hurtling into the<br>sun in 2017 during the Great Awakening."<br><br>Data: "True, but apparently some must have survived."<br><br>Riker: "They have surrounded the Borg ship and are covering it with all types of<br>papers."<br><br>Data: "I believe that is known in ancient vernacular as 'red tape' it often<br>proves fatal."<br><br>Riker: "They're tearing the Borg to pieces !"<br><br>Picard: "Turn off the monitors. I can't stand to watch, not even the Borg<br>deserve that."</font color=blue><br><br>