And pretty darned exciting I think:<br><br>Penn State program click<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Penn State's main campus with more than 40,000 students and 10,000 employees gets its water from a series of wells, drawing from the water table under Centre County. After use in sinks, showers, toilets and drinking fountains on campus, the university collects and treats the water to stream-release standards in its own plant, just as a city would at a municipal water treatment plant.<br><br>But instead of feeding the water into a nearby waterway, the university pumps it out north of town, where an average of 2.7 million gallons per day are sprayed over 520 acres of farm and forest land, said John Gaudlip, utility systems engineer for the university. That would be the equivalent of 2 inches of rainfall per day.<p><hr></blockquote><p>[color:red]There's lots more to the story -- read at above link </font color=red><br><br>[color:blue]Once, about 20 years ago, I got some dry "sludge" from our water recycling plant and used it around the tomato plants.</font color=blue> They grew vines that would hold Tarzan as he swung from tree to tree. The city also transported the liquid stuff in tankers and sprayed it on corn fields used for growing silage. I think now it is sold and processed into something resold commercially.<br><br>The stuff was supposed to be 99 44/100's pure and okay to use in gardens, etc.<br><br>Last week I read an article about some city experimenting in converting sewage wastewater back into drinking water 100 percent pure! I believe it has been done on small scales previously but I like to read stuff like this.<br><br>Kate<br><br>