Alex, et al.<br><br>In my opinion, Apple has a good enough hold on the consumer and graphics market... where it's losing precious ground is the business world... (maybe it's already lost it totally).<br><br>For example, my company has 200 installed workstation computers, and probably 10 server (file servers only) in house....<br><br>Why are they using M$ Windows and not Mac OS?<br><br>Price to buy. bottom line.<br><br>They can put a computer in front of me with 128MB of RAM, Windows NT, MS Office and Outlook (very helpful for scheduling and email) a 633 MHz Pentium (who care what kind) and a Hard Drive big enough for business uses (Word Processing, some DB work, and Excel) with a 17" monitor for like $600 tops... <br><br>so why in the hell would they even look at the intro Mac for $899/$799 without Office, Outlook or that much RAM (which was a neccessity for the Mac OS until X, and even then it's still a neccessity)<br><br>And, now that they've installed those 200 machines, and gotten used to the "corporate wide" and have hired three tech guys to take care of them... what IT department that only supports NT will recommend Macs?<br><br>It's a lose/lose situation.<br><br>My problem is that I'm much more productive on a Mac... they're solution? learn windows faster...<br><br>sucks huh? Apple needs to be in business...<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2