Gary, you're wandering all over a field of assumptions and stumbling on loose stones.

Yes, I resigned an account because he had lost the ability to leave his extreme right wing politics out of the conference room. He was, by that time, no longer a major account, so it was less painful for me to show him the door. That's not to say I'd have put up with him if he had a bigger budget. In fact, I made it clear to him that I found his remarks so offensive and out of place that I would feel totally mercenary taking his money (regardless of the size of the check) while being in such complete disagreement with him on a personal level. And that disagreement was manifested 100-fold by him insinuating his doctrine into every business conversation. Had he not done so, he might still be a client today.

In this case, despite a very obvious extreme political POV on the part of one of four partners and a marketing manager, I have yet to be confronted by it. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't have been aware of his ultra-pro-gun stance had I not been referred to his Trigger Time website by a colleague and web developer who told me he had built it (he was one of three web guys who I had sent RFPs for the client's site overhaul).

Thus far, every conversation has been strictly business and the marketing manager who is my primary point of contact 90% of the time is basically a-political AFAICT. There is no discomfort only a rejection of one individual's personal POV, and that is not a reason to put a big dent in my cash-flow, thankyouverymuch.