http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/10/05/kansas-confusing-fake-punt-attempt/?intcmp=obinsite

Disregard that it's from Fox Sports as I know anything associated with FOX is irregardled in this community, but my rant has to do with sports commentators in general

This link is to a piece about KU football team failed attempt to have a fake punt during Saturdays football game.

KU football has struggled for several years. This year they have a new coach and still they are struggling . So Saturday tied with TCU 10-10 down near their own goal line they tried a fake punt. This piece lambast the coach for trying such a thing. I saw this. I thought, "why not. Why not shake things up"

It didn't work, but what if they did punt. Most likely, TCU would have got the ball near the 50 yard line anyway. And, just maybe, faking a punt and getting a first down might work. Show some guts I say.

But this sports mucker up thinks this was the worst call in football history. Really? Boy that would take some doing, as I've seen some doozies in my lifetime. This didn't even rank close.

A quote from the thing

"Because the alternative -- that Charlie Weis made the worst call in the history of football -- is too difficult to believe. Charlie will do some wild stuff, and Charlie might be getting a little desperate, but this? Take another look at the play in its entirety.

Surely he's not capable of this.
"

These guys are sure full of it.

Analysts think they have it all

Dave