MrB, lemme tell you some things about The Buddy Holly Story...

course this is scenery, but supposed to happen in Lubbock TX where it's FLAT as a board (aka W. Kansas) grin ... one early aerial scene shows mountains nearby ? WTF did those come from ? Then a minute later he drives up in his folks driveway and there a HUGE tree probably 10' in diameter in their front yard... BIGGEST tree in Lubbock might be 1' in diameter but most 4-6". I saw the movie in Lubbock and the home crowd really got a kick out of those 2 inaccuracies. I'm sure there were others. Holly family was in the tile setting business - that's correct. His brother still is unless he retired. Much of the story is correct... there may be some little inaccuracies.

Just found out a couple of years ago that my wife, her sister, and mother rented the old Jerry Allison house where the Crickets once practiced... that house has now been moved to the BH museum on 19th street downtown. Last time we were there (June), it was undergoing restoration. Can't wait to take my wife there and have her show me the old home place (when they lived there).