Here is a great summation of the situation in Fukushima Daiichi (again just saying Fukushima doesn't work for me. I lived in Fukushima and the area I was in was pretty untouched by all of this).

The man being interviewed is very knowledgeable and makes it clear that the only real concern is the water leaking out of Daiichi and the tanks they are trying to collect it with.

A lot has been said about how small the radiation is from these leaks compared to say the first week or two. But look at this blurb:

"According to Kanda’s estimates, which are based on official data from Tepco, the cesium-137 in the highly contaminated water in the basements of Fukushima No. 1′s flooded reactor buildings which has nearly twice the cesium-137 released by the 1986 Chernobyl disaster, which was estimated at 85 petabecquerels by the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation."

So everything is okay, as long as a massive earthquake doesn't come along and allow all this to spill into the ocean before it gets taken out and treated. And there is always more building up.

It's about the tanks