John I think it's an unintended consequence...

yes BO never dreamed Russia would cooperate, but BO DID plan a retaliation. However in a turn of events, Russia figured it best to get Syrian chemical weapons destroyed... NOT because of us or Syria itself, but they have their own civil unrest to deal with in places like Chechnya, and they don't want to face rogue elements using chemical weapons either... I think they're doing it for their OWN interests.... Putin sure isn't doing it as a favor to us.

BUT regardless here we are, planned or not, and it would NOT have happened if BO had turned a blind eye.. like most the rest of the world. Assad would keep them and probably would have already used them again by now...

also many on the right are saying verify, verify, verify, ... and are skeptical... well verification is easy ! IF he has them and uses them, the whole world will know. It's not like something you can hide. Other than that it really doesn't matter if he has none, 1 rocket or 50. The object is for them NOT to be used. BUT regardless, I'm sure they'll have UN inspectors come in to check... but then that gets to be a game like with Saddam...how do you prove you DON'T have something? I guess the clue would be if he limits access to any where the inspectors want to go.

Regardless if Assad turns them over to anyone, Russia, UN, any other international group for destruction... this situation is OVER... Putin and BO get the credit.
THIS is Obama's Cuban Missile Crisis. in a way.. and if this WMD turnover happens- he prevails, aka Jack Kennedy !!