We had a thunderstorm tonight, and as usual, I shut down all the computers in the house. I didn't unplug the ethernet ports, however, nor did I unplug the DSL modem.<br><br>Well, after the thing was done, I turned on my G4. Everything was fine and dandy. Then I tried to get on line--nothing doing. I noticed then that the LCD display on my ethernet hub didn't show the G4. I looked in the Network Pane, and all my settings had been erased. Not that big a deal to retype them, but it didn't look good for the home team.<br><br>Anyway, I turned on the iMac--and that came up on the ethernet hub. But it wouldn't connect to the web either.<br><br>I then rebooted the G4 into 9 (the first time in months), but the hub showed no connection again.<br><br>I began to despair.<br><br>So then I shut down all the computers and disconnected everything, unplugged every single ethernet cable, from computers to hub, from hub to router, from DSL modem to router. And went out to walk the dog.<br><br>I came back (sooner than I normally would, poor pooch!), plugged all the ethernet cables back in and turned on the G4. Mercifully, the hub showed it connecting. I turned on the iMac. That too still connected to the hub. The PB and the iBook I can't get at cause wife and son are asleep. But as you can see, I'm now back on line.<br><br>The only thing I can figure is that the storm must have sent a surge through the ethernet cables, or through the modem. We did have a little bit of flickering electricity for a second or two. Anyway, I can't believe how lucky I am.<br><br>I tell you, I was feeling very very sick as I walked the dog. Next time we have a storn, though, everything, but everything gets disconnected, unplugged, put back in packing boxes. Well, maybe not put back in the boxes <br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear