I had three cell phones befoe I go my iPhone 4. I don't speak cellphoneese. I ve had a computer since 1978 but can't navigate the menus of cell phones my meth brained son had to set them up for me.
I had the trackhone last but upgrading minutes from their online was about like using the damn thing itself.

Theni got my iPhone. It was like a breath of fresh air. Set up was a snap. Mostly the same as my iPad. And the menus make sense. The sound quality is great. Even with out my hearing aids.

I'm tempted by the ads for a new phone but I use it mostly for phoning. If I want to use the Internet I use my iPad which I have with me most all the time. Most of the new attributes of the new model are for non phone uses.

As for needing a cell, I have it with me all the time. I am so used to that now. In the past I would take two week trips over the country by myself with out telling anyone. Completely disconnected. I never thought anything of it. Now it's so nice to do what you have done at the post office.

If we don't count our blessings
We are just wasting our time