I had three cell phones befoe I go my iPhone 4. I don't speak cellphoneese. I ve had a computer since 1978 but can't navigate the menus of cell phones my meth brained son had to set them up for me.
I had the trackhone last but upgrading minutes from their online was about like using the damn thing itself.

Theni got my iPhone. It was like a breath of fresh air. Set up was a snap. Mostly the same as my iPad. And the menus make sense. The sound quality is great. Even with out my hearing aids.

I'm tempted by the ads for a new phone but I use it mostly for phoning. If I want to use the Internet I use my iPad which I have with me most all the time. Most of the new attributes of the new model are for non phone uses.

As for needing a cell, I have it with me all the time. I am so used to that now. In the past I would take two week trips over the country by myself with out telling anyone. Completely disconnected. I never thought anything of it. Now it's so nice to do what you have done at the post office.

Dave