smile
Yes. It is perhaps not so well known that the majority of domestic manslaughter/murders are done with a brick, a knife or indeed bare hands.

In the course of my work, I carry several knives all of which are equivalent to cutthroat razors. At a random roadside breath test(RBT), the policeman asked to see my license, in this country that means it must be removed from the wallet before handing to the cop. This is to ensure that cop isn't tempted by loose bank notes that may be visible. In my case the license card was stuck to the plastic viewing window. So I whipped out my budding knife and cut it out to hand to him. He instantly went on serious duty mode.. "what do you use that knife for, sir". To cut a long story short, I am allowed to carry work knives to work but not on the way home from work. In Australia, a pocket knife will cost you a carrying concealed weapon charge. This also goes for knives in belt pouches, though they may be fastened and visible. the inference is; you are not at work when grabbing something from the supermarket on the way home from work and thus the weapon in the pouch is deemed to not being carried for fit purpose.

Similarly, if you happen to toss said knives into the console tray, to get them out of your pockets and you are pulled over for any roadside check such as the RBT or a speeding infringement, you are again faced with an interrogation as to what knives are doing laying within easy reach and if you cannot soberly explain the reasonings and comply with instruction, then again you are off to the slammer.

Which basically brings us back to the fact that Neighbourhood Watch, does not give one the right to pack it or indeed use.

Edited by AusMac (07/18/13 08:59 PM)