Well we were supposed to come back yesterday, but yesterday was maybe the worst flying day of this summer. The whole east coast was under severe storms, there was a tornado at Denver airport, a mess in AZ (oddly enough, not a political one). So our flight was cancelled after we'd spent something like ten hours at the Atlanta airport, and we spent a comfy night at an airport hotel--comfy except that the flight we got left at 8:55 a. m. so my nerves woke me up at 3:18 and I've been awake ever since. At least today was a clear, calm flying day, thank the gods of weather.

I liked Atlanta a lot, although I'm too much of a nor'easterner and was a bit uncomfortable there. But we had a good time. We also visited Athens, mostly because my wife and I have been thinking that we'd like to retire somewhere that's (a) affordable and (b) a town with a major university so we have access to the stuff that a major university makes available. But we didn't like Athens so much, I'm sorry to say. I'm prejudiced, but for a college town, it's just nowhere near State College, PA, where Penn State is located. And if I thought that Penn State was too heavy into football, the fact that the Georgia Bulldog stadium is smack in the middle of the U of GA campus makes me think that it's worse there. No fiddling with little kids, though--I imagine.

We're running out of places. Anywhere north of GA will be too expensive for us to buy a house. So we may be stuck here in Reading, PA. I hope not!

Edited by yoyo52 (06/19/13 07:48 PM)