Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
So younger generations can get a taste of what we had? So these old farts can get out of the house and away from their wives?
BTW... Journeys new singer looks young... but he's 45... so not that far off from the band age-wise.

I thought he was in his 20s, but that wasn't my point. The point was that his voice was exactly like the previous singer.

The Genesis story has it's fans pretty divided from the Gabriel and Collins years. When Collins first took the lead after Gabriel's departure he tried hard to keep it Gabriel-inspired for the next few albums, specially on live performances of the earlier material. When I saw them on tour following the Duke album, Collins was singing as himself and not Gabriel.

The Buggles killed the Yes sound with Trevor Horn's vocals. Ray Wilson killed the Genesis sound with his vocals. Sometimes change is not good. wink

There is this band Marillion that didn't become huge but had a loyal following, and in the 80s had this Gabrielesque singer named Fish. He left and was replaced by the brilliant vocalist Steve Hogarth. The band evolved with a different sound, and it worked and they're still producing intresting new material.

My favorite album from last year was Hogarth's collaboration with Richard Barbieri (Porcupine Tree), check it out : https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/not-weapon-but-hand-deluxe/id501554900

Edited by garyW (05/22/13 10:34 AM)