Wednesday , my brother's house in a subburb of Iola here, caught fire. Pretty much did a number on it. My brother and sis in law were out of town . His son and girl friend were in the house but smelled smoke and got out. Looks like it started from wiring in the attic. Older home with lots of trees overlooking the house so could be that squirrels could have had a nibble on the wires as they will do that. But the wiring and probably wasn't done by an coded electrician so I'm not blaming those cute little critters.

Anyway, it's put my brother in a bind. He is 86 with a wife who is blind and has early Alzheimer's. he has little money. But he is resilient.

If we don't count our blessings
We are just wasting our time