HI All,
I have a MacBook Pro (mid-2010) with Mac OS Lion. I plan on having this computer all through the rest of college (another two and a half years, hopefully) so I want to upgrade it just a bit. What I would like to do is take out my optical drive, install a second hard drive mount, and put an SSD in that spot. Now, this would be pretty simple if it were just Mac OS Lion that I wanted on it, but here's the catch - I'd like to put my copy of Windows 7 on that drive as well. I currently use one hard drive for Mac/Windows 7 using boot camp, so I figured it'd be possible to do this with 2 hard drives.

Basically I'd like to put the OSes and a few programs on the SSD, and the files/remaining programs on my big HDD. Is this even possible? Any suggestions?

In summary: Mac OS Lion and Windows 7 + a few Mac/Windows apps on the SSD; Mac OS and Windows data files and programs on the HDD. Can it be done?

I currently have a 750 GB 7200 rpm drive and I also use Parallels. I would basically just be getting the SSD for a little extra storage space and speed. What if I installed the SSD in the current hard drive spot, put the Mac OS on it and put the Windows OS on it (through boot camp), THEN removed the optical drive, put the big hard drive in, and started moving things to it? Would this be possible? Thanks.