Silly to me.

Schools are actually a safe place. Or they were in 2000 when I quit. Still are according to stats,

There are close to 90,000 school children going to classes during a normal school day. They go to school about 180 days a year. That's over 16,000,000 school student days. Of that many, how many violent crimes on students are committed? I don't know the number but it is few as it should be.

One thing that is happening is the possibility of copycat crimes. I'm not saying its happening, but it sure is possible with all the hype being broadcast these days. I look back in the late 80's early 90's with the bomb scares in my area. For a while we were having them several times per month in my school alone. And these were just the ones to which we reacted . Others were dealt by the office alone. There was, even, a vice principal of a rural school in southwest Kansas who called in a bomb scare. Can't remember all the details on that guy but he was in crapsville.

Schools are rather safe,IMO. There will be those in some areas, of course, that need security but not in most.

Dave