Originally Posted By: steveg
But none of those are as efficient as a gun. I would bet that while stabbing incidents may have increased, the number of victims per incident has decreased. A standard clip in a Glock 9mm yields 15 victims in less than 10 seconds. Can't do that with a knife or a bat or a tree branch or a heavy ornament.

This is about deterrence and reduction. Elimination, sadly, is not a realistic goal.

True enough but then most of the gun deaths in the US are single kills, and not the result of mass shootings. And while I will agree that a larger magazine has the potential to increase the number of victims, 15 victims from a 15 round magazine is asking for some good marksmanship - well at least better than some headline making police districts seem to be capable of, I've heard stories of 90 shots fired with less than 10% hitting the target in some cases.
I used to think it was terrible that life was unfair. Then I thought what if life were fair and all of the terrible things that happen came because we really deserved them? Now I take comfort in the general unfairness and hostility of the universe.