OK..
So I keep seeing people making their case for or against stricter gun laws.
List your thoughts or those you have heard... or repost something someone else said that made sense to you.
====

OP:
Many of the murders committed using guns are committed by gangbangers and thugs who purchased them out of a car trunk. Most of those who have a felony record can’t legally own a gun, yet they find a way………and they will continue to do so regardless of any government regulation. Disarming law abiding citizens is not only a violation of our constitutional rights, but a direct threat to our safety and that of our family’s. It’s not about politics, or what side of the aisle you vote on……it’s simple common sense.

That being said, I do agree that powerful weapons with the ability to do mass destruction should be banned from public availability.

Response:
They find a way because we have states that allow private sales of guns without any paper or back ground check. Other nations have managed to come up with much better solutions and yet this same stupid argument that there's no point in gun legislation because criminals break laws still persists. Criminals break speed limit laws but we still have those laws and we still prosecute people over them.

====

We have to be armed in case of invasion from foreign invader.
Response:
When was the last time we were invaded...I'll tell you... 1812.

===

OP:
It's our Constitutional right!

Thomas Jefferson said the Constitution needs to revisited every 20 years or so.
He also said:

"I am certainly not an advocate for frequent and untried changes in laws and constitutions. I think moderate imperfections had better be borne with; because, when once known, we accommodate ourselves to them, and find practical means of correcting their ill effects. But I know also, that laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors." - Jefferson to H. Tompkinson (AKA Samuel Kercheval), July 12, 1816

In fact, it's on the Jefferson Memorial.

=======

It appears that autocorrect has become my worst enema.
---