Who'd a thunk it? Seems to have worked. I didn't disable the Type Core, but I deleted all non-system Helvetica sets from Suitcase. Did the safe boot, which as we've already seen, works in the short term. The litmus test was to do a regular restart next, because that's when the problem returned. In fact, before restarting I opened up a few InDesign files to make sure all my needed fonts were loading — including a file that needed Helvetica Nue — and everything was ok. After the restart, the iCloud page text was as it should be in Safari (same as in Aurora and Chrome). Hopefully, I'll have the same result with the MBP.
Xplain's use of MacNews, AppleCentral and AppleExpo are not affiliated with Apple, Inc. MacTech is a registered trademark of Xplain Corporation. AppleCentral, MacNews, Xplain, "The journal of Apple technology", Apple Expo, Explain It, MacDev, MacDev-1, THINK Reference, NetProfessional, MacTech Central, MacTech Domains, MacForge, and the MacTutorMan are trademarks or service marks of Xplain Corp. Sprocket is a registered trademark of eSprocket Corp. Other trademarks and copyrights appearing in this printing or software remain the property of their respective holders.
All contents are Copyright 1984-2010 by Xplain Corporation. All rights reserved. Theme designed by Icreon.