Since it's a newer LED monitor my guess is that it has a DVI connector like you have on the video card, and also the VGA connector you're using off of the adapter. If it has a a DVI connector you can do away with the converter thingie and just get a DVI to DVI cable. You can get them on ebay for <$3 shipped. Best Buy probably has a fairly inexpensive one for around $9 or so.

What model Samsung monitor, we'll check the specs to see if it has a DVI connector, or you can post a pic of the ports on the bottom of the monitor if you get a chance.